Well established local Commercial/Residential Millwork Manufacturing operation is expanding to meet market demand and needs to add a Project Manager/Estimator position to the team to support current and future growth. We are looking for the right fit with our existing team of qualified designers, engineering, production and installation staff as well as a proven performer that can keep our major projects organized and on budget without compromising quality. This is a career opportunity for a proven performer looking for the next step in their career.
The responsibilities for this key position are:
- Manages day to day operational and tactical aspects of multiple commercial projects in a coordinator role including contractor and client interactions on daily basis. Although primarily commercial, some high end residential projects may also be included.
- Coordinates job requirements with suppliers and subcontractors, tracks and controls production schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of projects on time and on budget.
- Work with production staff to minimize risk exposure by adhering to standards and quality controls to ensure production efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a liaison between our production facility and outside stakeholders such as site supervisors and customers, schedules installations and conducts site visits to assess progress and ensure on time project completion.
- Develops cost-effective project plans and schedules for completion, accurately forecasts revenue, profitability and project costs and achieves revenue goals established for projects, proactively identifies changes in project scope and ensures appropriate measures are taken as required
- Collects all relevant documents, analyzes specifications, communicates with clients and inspects the construction site, if necessary, to fully understand the work required.
- Determines the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labour for millwork projects for existing and new project clients. Prepares estimates to meet project goals, such as gauging required work hours to completion, sequencing tasks, obtaining materials at best negotiated prices and performs risk assessments to account for potential impacts on project plans,.
- Accounts for the use of our resources, plus a reasonable profit margin to calculate a competitive quotation price, utilize sales and customer service skills to follow up on quotes and help close project deals. On an ongoing basis you will be expected to monitor client feedback and industry trends to determine the competitiveness of generated quotes.
To fully qualify for and be successful in this newly created position you must have:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Project Manager in a commercial/residential millwork or cabinet operation including Millwork/Cabinet/Construction industry exposure across a diverse variety of projects. Also requires experience as an estimator.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of millwork production including project management, logistics, estimating, production methods and scheduling, technology, software and equipment utilization, quality control and industry best practices.
- Comprehensive product knowledge about millwork materials, hardware, components and finishes.
- Strong knowledge and prior experience with AWMAC standards and inspections.
- Strong working knowledge of millwork specification, design, production, assembly, construction and installation sequencing and processes
- Ability to read blueprints and shop drawings with a strong technical aptitude to understand, assess and support projects.
- Proficient in using AutoCAD, or similar CAD software, to inspect, modify and manipulate drawings and make notations where required.
- Experience in utilizing appropriate industry software to track and control the scheduling and progress of projects from initial concept to finalized installation.
- Excellent written and oral communication/ presentation skills with experience in developing quotes, proposal writing, preparation of documents, contract negotiation and business development.
- Self-motivated with proven customer service skills and ability to collaborate with other project team members and clients to complete projects within time/budget targets.
- Attention to detail, a professional attitude and strong organizational skills.
- An ability to develop effective working relations with all stakeholders both internal and external.
- Proficient with standard office software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
This is a key technical position requiring a full breadth of design, production, estimating, and managerial/logistical skills. It is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to advance their career with a company that is well established with a reputation for excellence.
We offer competitive wages, good benefits and an opportunity to grow in a supportive work environment. This position will occasionally require travel to various project sites within the lower mainland.
If this position suits your qualifications and interests please apply with a current resume outlining your capabilities. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. Phone, online and live interviews (fully spread out in a spacious area to maintain safety) are ongoing until the position is filled. Please ensure that your contact information is up to date and complete so that we can contact you directly to schedule an interview. Resumes, and all interviews, are held in confidence.
Out of Province Applications:
Applicants applying from outside the province of BC are encouraged and will be considered but applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Relocation assistance from other provinces within Canada may be available based on individual circumstances.
Manufacturing and Production Sports and Recreation