Plan Group is currently looking to grow our Electrical division in Vancouver with the addition of a Project Manager experienced in electrical construction.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for supervising the installation of conventional electrical, mechanical and civil construction. Taking a lead role in managing large multi-million dollar projects, you will be fully accountable for the planning, executing, and delivery of projects on time and within budget.
To truly excel in this role you must be are proficient in interpreting financial documents and have the ability to exercise independent judgement to initiate cost control measures when needed. You have the ability to leverage your strong communication and leadership skills to positively influence others and drive for results.
As Project Manager you will be asked to do the following:
- Demonstrate leadership in health and safety excellence and overall compliance of Plan Group’s HSE policies and procedures with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Contribute to technical proposals and coordinate with team members to effectively develop RFQ/RFP submissions and/or related tender documents on the pursuit of large transportation projects.
- Effectively carry out Plan Group’s project management procedures from initial award of job to conclusion (Project schedule, change orders, as-built drawings, close out documents, etc.)
- Work with multiple stakeholders to ensure project implementation is executed in a timely and efficient manner, maintaining integrity of design and project schedule.
- Work closely with the management team to ensure feasibility and costing of projects according to budget.
- Frequently communicate the technical aspects and regular site activities of the project with relevant stakeholders’ to effectively update and act on pertinent information.
- Interface with consulting engineers to review and provide recommendations regarding implementation of the design and reports
- Adhere to and carry out all safety requirements by client, as well as follow all of Plan Groups safety guidelines.
- Maintain excellent relationships with municipalities, clients, architects, consultants, subcontractors and internal team
- Initiate and controls request for information process for all project issues and inquiries
- Review quality of work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure the work meets specifications
- Oversee project closeout and evaluate outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase and provide a final report on the lessons learned
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists and deliver completed projects to service for warranty
- Mentors, coaches, supervise and assess performance of direct reports with the support of Human Resources as necessary
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths and developing areas of weakness
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of related Project Management experience within the electrical construction industry
- You have related experience in large construction projects surpassing $4M
- You have related post-secondary education; university degree in engineering preferred
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management applications
- You are working towards a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalent considered an asset
PLAN GROUP INC.
Plan Group Inc. (Plan Group) is Canada’s most innovative technical services provider. For over half a century, Plan Group has merged integrated, multi trade knowledge, a commitment to excellence, and a belief in the power of creative thinking to improve the environments of those who live and work in the facilities Plan Group has contributed to. It is about more than hiding cables or snapping panels together. Plan Group asks smart questions, brainstorms original solutions and executes with tenacity, and is always aiming for nothing less than perfection. Though Plan Group has earned a strong reputation, each new project is viewed as an opportunity to do even better, each new challenge as the first step in a mutually valuable, long-term partnership. It is about more than creating buildings. It is about creating facilities that live and breathe which allow customers to do their best every day.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Opportunities for growth and development
- An open and collaborative work environment
- And so much more….
Thank you for your interest in joining Plan Group. Please note that due to the volume of applicants only those who will be considered for an interview will be contacted.