Since its inception 50 years ago, Ideal Welders has grown steadily from a one-man operation to its industry-leading position, servicing a diverse range of clients around the world. The vision for excellence, innovation, and growth continues, and it is an exciting time for Ideal.
We are currently in search of an experienced Project Manager to join us at our facility on Annacis Island in Delta. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful and growing company, and gain valuable project experience with an enthusiastic and motivated team.
In this role you will coordinate key personnel and processes in order to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired internal and client related results. The Project Manager is the primary contact for project organization and timelines. As a key part of the team, the Project Manager is directly involved with business development strategies and client relationships.
Highlights of job duties include:
- Review secured project requirements with party responsible for estimations
- Initiate project within Ideal Welders organization
- Prioritize project execution strategy
- Collaborate with Ideal Welders department leads for resource requirements (i.e. production, detailing, quality, etc.)
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence with clients
- Manage customer relationships at a macro level
- Coordinate third parties/vendors where necessary
- Monitor project budgets and schedules
- Project conflict resolution
- Project close out, review and analysis
Here’s what we’re seeking in the successful candidate:
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years’ related experience
- An entrepreneurial and results-oriented attitude
- Experience in estimation, budgeting, analysis, scheduling, specification review and adherence, and personnel coordination
- Experience in business administration
- A background in general metal fabrication practices (cutting, welding, machining, testing)
- A background in procurement and supply chain principles and strategies
- Commitment to customer service and workplace excellence
- Ability and desire to utilize technology to streamline and improve processes
- Ability to troubleshoot and creatively problem-solve
- Ability to take initiative and translate business needs into action plans
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A positive and team-oriented approach to work. Dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Ability to work well under pressure.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Experience in the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Process pipe fabrication
- Pressure pipe/vessel fabrication
- Structural, modular fabrication
- ASME, API, ASTM, CWB codes of construction
- Review of assembly drawings, isometric drawings, 2D and 3D shop fabrication drawings
- Project logistics, i.e. material receipt, product shipment etc.
- Proficiency in Primavera
- Experience in working in a unionized environment and with the trades
Here’s what we offer:
- The opportunity to join a highly successful and growing company
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefit coverage
- A positive and thriving work environment
- Career development opportunities
- Central location on Annacis Island with easy access from all major arteries
Please forward your cover letter and resume by responding directly to this ad.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest and advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Oil, Gas and Utilities