** This role can be done remotely from anywhere in Canada or the United States **
As our Project Manager
, you are the conduit between our clients and the delivery team. Your top priority is to build strong and trusting relationships with our customers. Your day is filled with variety as you work with clients, and internal stakeholders to ensure your projects stay on time, on budget and in sync with client needs.
Traction on Demandâ€™s hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence, and then skills. Hereâ€™s what we mean by that: Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isnâ€™t about drinking beer and playing ping-pong â€" itâ€™s much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community, and planet. Come join us on this journey! Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work, and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name. Our values donâ€™t just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are â€" do they resonate with you?
Embrace Knowledge â€¢ Do the right thing â€¢ Seek adventures and smiles â€¢ Healthy hearts and heads â€¢ Pursue opportunity â€¢ Build community Intelligence
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand â€" youâ€™ve got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just â€git â€r done.â€ Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- Project Management experience in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science, or equivalent
- Excellent stakeholder management skills; ability to interact with individuals with varied levels of project experience
- Sound understanding of the software development life cycle
- Project management related certification (CAPM, PMP, SCRUM etc.) an asset
- Good understanding of project requirements specific to data migration, data analytics and data integration.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Hands-on experience with one or more CRM software products ( Salesforce.com , Siebel, Clarify, Vantive, PeopleSoft, NetSuite) would be a strong asset
- Hands-on experience with Mulesoft/Dell Boomi would be a strong asset
- Ability to interact with varied levels of leadership and demonstrate understanding of business needs
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (formulas, data cleansing, data manipulation)
If youâ€™re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and weâ€™ll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
- Planning and Project Management
- Plan projects in order to accomplish their goals within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards
- Schedule tasks, deadlines and milestones for stakeholders and resources
- Identify schedule uncertainties and project risks
- Coordinate clients, service providers and internal team members
- Intimately understand the requirements of projects and ensure that work proceeds on-spec
- Evaluate deliverables prepared by the team to make sure the work meets requirements and maintains a high level of quality
- Efficiently and competently manage roadblocks when things go off-plan (due to scope-creep, changed requirements, missed deadlines, etc.) and bring them back on-plan or create a new plan
- Monitor and report on the progress of projects
- Articulate design rationale and function strategy as it directly relates to accomplishing goals set out (where applicable)
- Ensure client expectations are met and exceeded in terms of quality of product and service delivered
- Provide soft-sales (up-selling opportunities) or articulate these opportunities to the appropriate channelsPresent work to the client throughout production process
- Support and help trouble-shoot delivered work during project and post-project
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners, and neighbours. At our core, weâ€™re about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology â€" salesforce.com , technology partners, and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography, and industry, and include some of the worldâ€™s largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on the successful completion of background and reference checks.
Customer Service and Support