Project Manager, Business Transformation
We have a lot to be proud of at Nicola Wealth. Our sophisticated financial planning, our diversified private investment funds, and their exceptional performance, our 99% client retention rate and our award-winning culture, combine to position us as a national leader in wealth management. Recognized as a Best Managed Company and one of Canada’s Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our firm’s values through this phase of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a values-driven work environment. The collaboration, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for you to make a real impact and build a rewarding career. We are passionate about our business, our culture, and investing deeply in your growth and development to build for the future. If you have this same drive, then let’s talk!
We are looking for a Project Manager, Business Transformation to join our Business Transformation team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Transformation Projects, this position will focus on business consultation and project management to support strategic initiatives.
Success in this role requires broad stakeholder engagement and project management experience and the ability to lead strategically important projects from concept to completion. The role is located in Vancouver and operates on a hybrid work schedule.
As a Project Manager, Business Transformation, your main responsibilities will include:
- Applying a variety of methodologies (agile, hybrid, waterfall, etc.) to plan business transformation initiatives (including timelines, resource estimates, and budgets).
- Working with Project Sponsors and/or Program Managers to document and confirm project objectives, benefits, and inter-dependencies.
- Managing, documenting, and reporting on project activities, issues, risks, and decisions.
- Facilitating meetings, driving action, and managing expectations from multiple stakeholders.
- Obtaining leadership, stakeholder, and business owner agreement for implementing changes, and monitoring benefits of changes already implemented.
- Quantifying project metrics (e.g., earned value, velocity, quality metrics, etc.) and supporting the quantification of the benefits of changes delivered.
- Driving conversations with executive sponsors to clarify priorities, obtain time from subject matter experts (SMEs), and review recommendations.
- Collaborating (remotely and on-site) with other teams, vendors, and SMEs to introduce change.
- Wearing a project management, business analysis, or change management hat based on the needs of each project you lead/support.
- Accountability for the quality, timelines, and deliverables of the projects you lead.
As a Project Manager, Business Transformation, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Basic understanding of markets, financial planning, asset management, and/or insurance.
- Able to prioritize requirements, tasks, and activities on behalf of oneself and others.
- A self-starter that can take ownership of multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to drive business and operational metrics through objective and quantitative decision making, and adoption of different tools and resources.
- Able to build trust and consensus through strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Able to present well to stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Service-oriented with a calm, professional, and mature demeanor.
- Effectively balances ‘big picture’ thinking with a diligence for detail.
- Intuitive: able to preemptively respond to stakeholder needs and concerns.
- Proactive at recommending solution options to senior management when encountering issues.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new skills and acquire additional education as required.
- Comfortable in a hybrid environment and able to collaborate remotely and face-to-face.
- At least 4 years of experience delivering transformative changes, including coordinating activities and managing expectations across multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline.
- A strong understanding of at least one project management methodology (agile, waterfall, etc.) and working knowledge of others.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal).
- An understanding of business analysis, including requirements gathering and scenario mapping.
- Highly proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Experience with project management / delivery software.
- An understanding of arithmetic and algebra (to compute and chart project metrics).
- Exposure to change management and/or process optimization is highly preferred.
- Project Management education and/or certifications are an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer.
Please include both cover letter and resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: nicolawealth.com/careers
Banking, Finance and Insurance