Project Manager - Bulk Material Handling - Small Projects
Salary: $85,000 – $95,000
Location: Vancouver, BC
Our Design-Build Contractor Client is looking add a Construction Project Manager to their team to look after their upcoming material handling and manufacturing projects. If you have solid mechanical and structural experience in a general contracting environment, then apply today!
Our client is one of several companies within a large-scale construction group. Because of this, there are ample places to grow and develop into more senior leadership roles as they become available.
This company provides engineering, project management, design-build and construction services both as a general and subcontractor, with a focus on industrial and commercial projects. They have vast experience with projects involving conveyors and bulk material handling and focus on structures, foundations and mechanical scopes. This company is large enough to provide quality projects and security, while being small enough to allow for growth.
- Lead the Project Management team on upcoming projects
- Provide guidance to the Project Coordinators and review and project schedules, RFIs and change orders
- Monitor project budgets & schedules and review major concerns and risks with the Senior Management
- Assist in pre-construction processes including estimating, tendering and subcontractor selection
- Keep a tight leash on costly project changes and ensure change orders are dealt with quickly and fairly
- Manage project closeout, ensure completion of all deficiencies and eliminate any construction or client issues
- Prepare progress billing and develop progress status reports.
- Experience in small sized projects (less than $10M) in pulp & paper, mining, mechanical and material handling
- 10 + years of industrial engineering and construction experience with a General Contractor or industrial client
- Vancouver based experience in industrial and commercial industries
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to guide a team on challenging projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize concurrent tasks while seeing the big picture
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or more project experience in lieu (15+ years)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary: $85,000 – $95,000
- Vacation: 3 weeks
- Extended Medical & Dental
- Vehicle allowance
- RRSP matching plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Mark Fedyshen at 604-689-8687 ext. 248 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
RELATED INFORMATION & JOBS:
Construction Jobs - http://www.impactrecruitment.ca/building-jobs/
Further job opportunities and construction news: Follow me on Twitter - @MarkFedRecruits