History and Company Info:
- Our client, with whom we have had a long-standing relationship is looking to add a Project Manager to their team. We are proud to be an ambassador for this firm as we have first hand observed their commitment to their team members, offering growth potential, a corporate culture that truly values their employees and has a deeply rooted commitment to community service.
- For close to 40 years, this employee-owned organization has delivered high quality, customer-centric construction services to both their commercial and residential customers alike.
Position Purpose and Summary:
- The key responsibility of the Project Manager is delivering a project which achieves or exceeds performance expectations
- They ensure projects meet all contractual, scheduling, financial, quality and safety requirement while maximizing profitability.
- Independently managing multiple jobs
- The Project Manager will lead teams to a successful project.
- Reports to: Snr Project Manager
- Key collaborators:
- Site Supervisors, Project Coordinators, Estimators, Safety Officer and other departments as required to complete projects and promote the company
- This role will work hand-in-hand with Site Supervisors and Project Coordinators to lead project teams and ensure best practices are being implemented and followed to drive the company's brand and Customer.
- Job locations will vary based on the jobs won, ea will be required and will change from job to job, Monday to Friday unless otherwise required by business needs.
- Schedule Management: The project finishes on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications
- Reporting: Accurate and On-Time Financial and Schedule Reporting
- Meeting Quality Standards: all work completed meets or exceed the standards as set out in our Quality Standards and Contract Specifications
- Confidentiality: Confidential management of all trade secrets, client information, pay rates and sensitive information of employees, clients or company
- Safety: All safety procedures and policies are taught through various training/ toolbox talk sessions are acknowledged and followed without exception. Creates a culture of safety and ensures that every employee frees that safety is #1 within the company
- Culture: There is a culture of respect, hard work, integrity, teamwork and safety first. Through active coaching, communication and mentorship, drives a culture of “can do” and getting the job done in line with values
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Strong preference for those who have completed post-secondary education in Building Science and/ or Construction Management
- Structural or Civil Engineering degree
- 5+ years of progressive roles within construction, preferably residential and commercial
- Strong knowledge of BC Building Code
Remuneration/ Total Rewards:
- Commensurate with experience
- Bonus of up to 15% of base salary, paid monthly based on EBITA
- Qualifies for 3% share match
- Top-notch benefits program
- Cell phone
- Travel as needed
- Opportunity to participate in community engagement/ outreach
We thank all candidates for their application. For more information please apply directly to this job. Please note that only candidates who are currently legally eligible to work in Canada may be considered for this role.
Construction, Mining and Trades Management and Executive