Project Manager - BC Region
Reference ID: 1600006Y
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for our BC Region District office located in Richmond, British Columbia
• Oversees total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
• Responsible for overall project performance and reporting in areas including, but not limited to safety, cost/budget, schedule, quality and project status
• Assists the project superintendent and field workforce to establish and maintain our strong safety culture and environmental programs
• Monitors project performance, schedule, costs, equipment, manpower, materials, safety and environment, and quality control
• Interfaces with project team including the client representative, architect representative and subcontractors
• Conducts site tours, including safety inspections
• Lead by example to ensure policies, procedures and standards are adhered to
• Mentors, coaches, supervises and assesses performance of direct reports and other team members
• Actively participates in PCL’s mentoring program by acting as a mentor to junior staff
• Oversees project closeout
• Assists in securing new work by participating in estimates, including working with subcontractors and/or participating in proposals and presentations
• Leads negotiation processes with clients and subcontractors
• College Diploma in a construction related discipline
• 6 years progressive construction experience in positions leading up to Project Manager role
• Decision making skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of different construction methods, sequencing, potential problems and timelines
• Familiar with project management and estimating software programs
• Knowledge of relevant construction law and building codes
• Ability to understand and employ engineering/construction plans/specifications, methods and procedures
• Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, other managers, designers, supervisors, and trades people
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to solve problems related to construction, sequencing and staffing
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, Outlook and other operational systems
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
Posted: October 22, 2016
Closes:November 19, 2016