About Westmill Industries Ltd.
- An opportunity to join an innovative organization that is a leader in North America
- Receive a highly competitive annual salary of $65,000 - $90,000 based on skills and experience
- Enjoy working in a collaborative close-knit team environment
Westmill Industries Ltd (Westmill) is a family-owned company that was founded in 1975. Westmill specializes in manufacturing Veneer Drying Systems. Westmill is an award-winning supplier that specializes in providing clients with innovative and customized solutions. They are the primary dryer parts supplier and dryer rebuilder in North America. They also supply new longitudinal dryers and jet dryer systems, as well as offering Consulting and Engineering Services. They are a close-knit team that provides an easy-going and relaxed work environment and modern facilities.
For more information, please visit westmillindustries.com
About The Opportunity
Currently, Westmill is looking for a full-time Project Manager to join their team in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
Working alongside our Engineering & Procurement depts. to manage projects of varying scale and complexity. This role includes involvement in the entire project life cycle from occasional support during the project proposal phase, to the planning, execution, and project closing. The nature of projects includes turnkey machinery design, manufacturing, and installation of board handling and drying-related equipment around the globe.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Defining a detailed Work Breakdown Structure that defines the scope of supplies and monitors the design, procurement, fabrication, and logistics progress
- Actively engaging with key project partners, vendors, and fabrication shops while coordinating quotations and fabrication drawings
- Leading a project-driven vendor selection process by developing thorough RFQs
- Managing fabrication progress against project schedules while facilitating vendor shop inspections and weekly progress meetings with key stakeholders
- Ensuring the facilitation of timely communications between all project stakeholders and the Westmill Project Team
- Evaluating competitive quotes with stakeholders while assisting in strategic vendor selection.
- Work closely with Westmill Logistics Coordinator to ensure timely delivery of products to the customer site
- Setting up a detailed project charter that includes project goals, major milestones, key stakeholders, and communication planning
- Developing a detailed baseline project plan and monitoring actual Cost and Schedule performance (CPI and SPI) using variance analysis and Earned Value Management (EVM) principals
- Supporting sales teams in 'Cost estimation' using historical pricing, top-down, and bottom-up estimating methods
- Managing changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using Change Order Management
- Developing SOPs for Project Management, Supply Chain, and Procurement processes and supporting a continuous improvement culture.
- Resolving resource and scheduling conflicts across all projects
- Providing documentation and support to accounting to ensure accurate and prompt invoicing
To qualify, you must have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the Project Management, Supply Chain, manufacturing, or construction industry with demonstrated increased levels of responsibility. You must also have completed a bachelor’s degree in Business (or equivalent). Diplomas may be accepted with sufficient employment experience.
You must also have the following skills and experiences:
- Strong mechanical manufacturing/engineering background and experience (preferred)
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical literature
- Proficiency with Project Scheduling Tools such as Microsoft Project and SmartSheet
- Excellent computer skills including Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc
- Must be able to travel throughout North America and Internationally
- Meticulous and detail-oriented mindset
- Positive, can-do attitude with an exemplary work ethic
- Strong communication skills (must be comfortable talking to customers)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Supply Chain designations (asset)
- Familiarity with modern ERP Systems (Acumatica) is an asset
- General knowledge of working with Contracts like CCDC (asset)
You are interested in assisting the growth of the company, increasing efficiency and service, and increasing the effectiveness of the team as a whole.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of the team, you will be rewarded with a $65,000 - $90,000 annual salary, evaluated on skills and experience, along with benefits including:
- Great team, culture, and fellow management
- Comprehensive Health & Dental benefits package
- A positive, supportive, and fun work atmosphere
- Company events and activities, continued education opportunities, regular team ‘lunch and learns, fun company & family events, barbeques, and more
- Wellness Works Canada, Staff Health and Performance Partner
- Work Hours: 9-5, Monday to Friday
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!
Construction, Mining and Trades