Project Manager 2- BC Cancer Cyclotron and Radiopharmaceutical Laboratory at the Institute of Advanced Medical Isotopes (IAMI) (in partnership with TRIUMF)
Do you have strong project management skills, experience and knowledge? Are you interested in leading a complex project through operational readiness with multiple organizations involved? Come apply for the new exciting project called the BC Cancer Cyclotron and Radiopharmaceutical Laboratory at the Institute of Advanced Medical Isotopes (IAMI). It will be your chance to be the lead and senior project manager supporting the operational teams as they get closer to go live for the new facility. You will lead them through Health Canada licensing processes, development of policies and procedures, workflow mapping and redesign and many more other key operational readiness activities. Come apply! What you'll do
What you bring
- Establish detailed project charter, plans and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables. Execute project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Track project progress according to project plan and identified metrics. Monitor and report on the status of projects and major barriers encountered. Make decisions and recommendations regarding projects scope and related changes required to facilitate a successful outcome. Implements or contributes to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop and monitor project budgets within the context of operational demands and environmental and resource constraints and uses best practice methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets. Responsibilities include reporting variance, planning and adjusting operations and/or staffing to meet projections and annual targets, approving expenditures and preparing summaries and is accountable for its own operating budget.
- Provide supervisory guidance and direction to staff. Maintains full accountability for all personnel including hiring, termination, and handling discipline problems.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master's Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline
- A minimum of seven (7) year's recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Project Management Professional designation considered an asset.
What we bring
- Experience or working knowledge of quality improvement methodology, change management and chronic disease management is key to the success of this role.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Regular, Full-Time Salary Range:
$102,938 - $147,974 per year . The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate's relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles. Location:
Provincial Position- working out of BC Cancer Vancouver Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday; 800 - 1200 / 1230 - 1600 Requisition #
145055E As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021. What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments' unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey-one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 10, 2023
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day