Project Management & Support Specialist: Harvey 2548
We are a 45 year plus old company that specializes in the design & manufacture of world class board handling & drying equipment.
The company’s head office is in Abbotsford, British Columbia with warehouses in Eugene, OR. and Atlanta, GA.
We are a recognized as a world leader in this field and is well positioned for continued record growth.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Project Management & Support Specialist at our Abbotsford, BC location to work alongside our Engineering & Procurement depts. to manage projects of varying scale and complexity.
Work includes involvement in the entire project life cycle from occasional support during the project proposal phase, to the planning, execution, and project closing.
The nature of projects includes turnkey machinery design, manufacturing and installation of board handling and drying related equipment around the globe.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Facilitate and lead the planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of the Turnkey ‘Design/Build’ projects of varying scale and complexity to successful completion on-time and on-budget.
- Develop a detailed WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) comprising detailed scope of supply while monitoring the progress of design, procurement, fabrication, and logistics activities against the baseline schedule.
- Actively engage with key project partners, vendors & fabrication shops while coordinating the release of quotation & fabrication drawings.
- Lead project driven Vendor selection process by developing thorough RFQs.
- Monitoring fabrication progress against project schedule while facilitating vendors shop inspections with key stakeholders
- Ensuring facilitation of timely communications between all project stakeholders and the Westmill Project Team.
- Evaluating competitive quotes with stakeholders while assisting in strategic vendor selection.
- Work closely with Westmill Logistics Coordinator to ensure timely delivery of products to customer site.
- Establish detailed project charter including project goals, major milestones, key stakeholders, project risk management and communication planning.
- Develop a detailed baseline project plan and monitor actual Cost and Schedule performance (CPI and SPI) using variance analysis and Earned Value Management (EVM) principals.
- Host & follow-up weekly ‘Progress review meetings’ with key stakeholders.
- Support Sales Team in ‘Cost estimation’ of capital projects using the estimation techniques such as historical pricing, top-down estimating, and bottom-up estimating.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using Change Order Management process.
- Document SOPs regarding Project Management, Supply Chain and Procurement processes while helping to support a continuous improvement culture in current systems and processes.
- Resolve resource and scheduling conflicts across all projects.
- Provide documentation and support to accounting to ensure accurate and prompt invoicing.
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business (or equivalent) is desirable. Diplomas may be accepted with sufficient employment experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Supply Chain designations an asset.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience (or combination of education of experience) in the Project Management, Supply Chain, manufacturing, or construction industry with demonstrated increased levels of responsibility.
- Proficiency with Project Scheduling Tools such as Microsoft Project and SmartSheet.
- Familiarity with modern ERP System is an asset (Acumatica).
- General knowledge working with Contracts like CCDC is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills including Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.
Skills, Knowledge, and Required Proficiencies:
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
- Positive, can-do attitude with an exemplary work ethic.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Interested in assisting the growth of the company, increasing efficiency and service, and increasing the effectiveness of the team as a whole
What We Offer:
- Great TEAM, Great CULTURE, Great Fellow Management
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Health & Dental benefits package
- A positive, supportive, and fun work atmosphere
- Company events and activities, continued education opportunities, regular team ‘lunch and learns, fun company & family events, barbeques, etc.
- Wellness WORKS Canada, Staff Health, and Performance Partner
- Work Hours: 9-5, Monday to Friday
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package is available after 3 months
Management and Executive