Facilities Management (FM) provides services for Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). It is a vibrant and dynamic portfolio and one of the largest full-service FM organizations in the country. Our goal is to provide a wide range of effective and sustainable services to support the delivery of health care. We employ individuals in locations across Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and the Sunshine Coast.
Bring your comprehensive knowledge of capital project implementation, project management principles and methodologies, and demonstrated ability to effectively manage planning, design and construction projects to this exciting role.
This position will be working on clinical renovations/and minor infrastructure renovations for Richmond Hospital and will be located on site.
Capital Projects is structured to support project execution throughout the facility project life cycle. The team operates a robust PMO (Project Management Office) and systems-based framework that is responsive to work flow and client need. This team is responsible for developing and maintaining standards for capital projects, maintenance, and other areas. The project work is generally speaking in the five million threshold.
As Project Leader, your work will include the following:
- Manage the implementation of approved smaller or specialized projects from design to completion;
- Coordinate the process of design development and contract preparation by liaising with clinical and project planners, consultants and various user groups for assigned projects;
- Review of working drawings for consistency with project scope, budget and project design schedule; monitor project charter, plans and objectives to maintain timelines and project deliverables;
- Carry out project plan according to project methodologies to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components by facilitating consensus with stakeholders;
- Facilitate department knowledge of current and emerging facilities design and innovations through evidence-based design concepts, use design and construction research;
- Provide input in consultant selection, project tendering and various capital planning processes; supervises assigned staff as needed on a project by project basis.
As the successful candidate, you have a Diploma in Architectural and Building Technology, Engineering Technology, or a related field, together with five (5) to seven (7) years' recent related experience managing, leading and directing facilities projects in a complex institutional environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Posted: December 10, 2017
Closes:January 24, 2018