The Digital Technology Supercluster is in search of an exceptional Project Lead. As a tech start-up that is an industry-led innovation consortium, centered in Vancouver, BC they bring together small and medium-sized companies, post-secondary institutions, research, and non-profit organizations, enabling them to collaborate in ambitious technology projects, while co-investing and supporting them.
As a Project Lead you will guide project teams to successfully deliver on the expected outcomes of approved projects and support the project operations of the consortium. Reporting to the Vice President, Project Management and Implementation, the Project Lead is responsible for the achievement of outcomes from a portfolio of projects across the company programs – Precision Health, Data Commons, Digital Twins and Capacity Building. Think of it as a company PMO.
What You Will Be Doing
- Building and maintaining strong, positive relationships for the consortium across a broad base of organizations participating in projects;
- Providing oversight and guidance to project teams to successfully deliver on expected outcomes;
- Establish a baseline project plan for co-investment by the company;
- Represent the company on project Steering Committees;
- Monitor progress (financial and non-financial) of projects including issue resolution, risk mitigation and change management;
- Facilitate the resolution of issues and disputes with escalation as required
- Provide ongoing engagement and communication with project teams to ensure positive member engagement;
- Ensure project teams adopt and comply with the company policies and processes as required;
- Supporting the company’s efforts in cross-project collaboration and platform opportunities;
Look for opportunities for new/prospective organizations to participate in existing projects.
- Supporting the project selection process;
- Share learnings from project success and failure with the team;
- Support or evaluate Expressions of Interest and Full Project Proposals.
- Working collaboratively with the company colleagues to:
- Support the development and delivery of reporting on project progress and outcomes;
- Support the development and continuous improvement of portfolio management and project-related operational policies, processes and procedures.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
What you bring to the role:
As a proven leader with a passion for excellence and innovation, who is not afraid of doing both ground-level tactical work and as well as providing strategic support to project teams and the consortium´s leadership, the Project Lead will personify the company’s culture and values that are the cornerstone of this collaborative initiative.
The Program Manager must be a strong communicator, responsive to Members and Associates, operationally effective and well-organized, while exuding credibility and integrity that earns the ongoing trust of Member firms. You will have demonstrated the following:
- 5+ years of successful experience in the private sector in complex, fast-paced project-oriented environments in a role that required a hands-on and collaborative approach;
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a business and/or technology discipline is required;
- Strong experience working with a broad set of stakeholders across multiple domains;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a complex array of stakeholders. Garners trust and is “authentic” in who he/she is;
- Experience designing, deploying and using project-related operational systems and processes (business analytics and dashboard reporting, customer portals, collaboration tools and other technology platforms);
- Project Management certification is desired (e.g. PMP, PgMP, PfMP);
- Change management certification is a strong asset.
Please apply early to be sure you are considered for this role. If you would like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org