is currently seeking a motivated Engineer
to join our Langleyteam. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, this position will be responsible to work on projects for public and private clients, leading land development projects for residential and commercial, major municipal water, wastewater, drainage and roadway infrastructure projects including planning, design and construction services. As a key member of the team you will deal directly with clients and approval agencies.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you will bring to WSP ...
- Feasibility studies;
- Preliminary and Detailed Design of civil roadworks, water supply systems, sanitary sewers, stormwater systems, stormwater management;
- Construction services including site field reviews, reporting and MMCD contract administration;
- Attending meetings with clients, consultants and contractors;
- Client management;
- Proposal development;
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university preferred;
- Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in EGBC is required;
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience in the engineering and design of municipal infrastructure and land development projects including water, wastewater and drainage infrastructure and land development projects;
- Progressive experience with design, project management and construction experience;
- Experience in construction contract administration;
- Experience with all levels of municipal government, construction contractors and developers;
- Knowledge of Lower Mainland land development markets with established local client relationships is an asset;
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D and municipal infrastructure modelling software is an asset;
- MMCD Contract Administration accreditation is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- High attention to detail, highly motivated and enthusiastic team player;
- Ability to work independently.
Expected Salary (all locations): $62 600 - $106 400
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.