Job Description: Project Engineer, Appliances
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Our electrical engineering team is looking for an engineer to oversee the development and validation of Avigilon’s next generation of rack-mounted and small form-factor ACC Server appliances. The Project Engineer will work with third-party vendors to design, test, and manufacture Server products primarily running on Intel platforms. Responsibilities include:
- Work with ODMs to specify product features, perform architecture and detailed electrical design reviews;
- Work to define and review product testing;
- Review and verify technical issues. Suggest, test and approve improvements;
- Work with SW, product management, compliance, quality and manufacturing teams to release a high quality product on budget and on schedule;
- Participate in regular project status meetings;
- Submit ECOs and BOMs into a PLM system;
- Be willing to travel to ODM locations as required to resolve issues.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering;
- At least 5 years of experience in developing products for manufacture;
- Extensive knowledge of EMC and safety standards and design requirements to ensure that the products meet these standards;
- Hands-on testing and troubleshooting experience;
- Strong organizational and documentation skills;
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for electronics and a pragmatic approach to problem solving;
- Self-motivated, with the ability to learn quickly and independently, and work within a team;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Perks and Benefits:
- Experience working with Surveillance products – ip Cameraas, NVRs…
- Experience working with OEM and OEM companies, especially off-shore companies;
- Experience in the design and development of Intel x86 based products;
- Experience with Linux OS.
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
Perks at our Yaletown office include an outdoor basketball court and full service indoor gym, as well as excellent proximity to public transportation.
Posted: February 22, 2017
Closes:April 9, 2017