Job Description Summary
The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing project support to the assigned Project Team(s) in the areas of coordinating, documenting and executing the delivery of goals, milestones and related project support activities that will assist with driving results forward for the assigned project(s) with the Research & Development (R&D) department.
A core responsibility is to facilitate and drive communications and reporting across diverse, cross-functional business groups, including stakeholder engagement, and typically involves the use of standard project management methodologies.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a project support resource to the Project Team and stakeholders throughout all phases of the project life-cycle.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Project Team for timely decision-making of the cross-functional project plan (scope, timelines, deliverables and budget), using standard project management tools.
- Prepare, disseminate and maintain project documentation as needed. Present project updates to, or alongside, the Project Team.
- Facilitate communication and ensure transparency / awareness of the project progress with cross-functional project teams and internal stakeholders .
- Establish strong relationships with project sponsors, senior management, stakeholders, and key personnel across departments (e.g. R&D, Operations, Business Operations etc.).
- Support project leadership during cross-functional project team engagement .
- Works with the Project Team to identify, report and escalate roadblocks that may impede project deliverables and recommend solutions for resolution.
- Implement and maintain best practices for planning and tracking project priori ties.
- Provide administrative support and/or other duties as required.
- BSc degree in a relevant field, preferably Engineering or Life Sciences.
- 1-3 years of experience supporting, administering and coordinating multi-disciplinary projects ideally in life sciences or biotechnology industry.
- 1 year of technical project coordination and administration experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of coordinating and implementing processes and/or projects.
- Ability to plan and coordinate project activities; must be able to assess competing priorities and meet project deadlines and milestones.
- Proven organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects and tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Productivity tools; practical experience of database management is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and gains cooperation of others across multi-disciplinary teams.
- A client-focused mindset with the ability to build strong working relationships and consensus with a project team and stakeholders.
- Clear and concise communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Team orientated - 'one-team' behavior is a must.
- Capacity to self-motivate.
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive