OurHybrid Work Policy
- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
WSP has a new opportunity for a Project Coordinator to join our growing Ecology and Environmental Impact Assessment team on a full-time basis, based in Vancouver. The position will involve delivering technically challenging projects across BC and the Yukon, in collaboration with a diverse team of talented environmental and social impact professionals.A day in the life...
As part of the Ecology and Environmental Impact Assessment team, your responsibilities will include:
What you'll bring to WSP...
- You will participate in a team environment, working closely with and supporting Project Managers and Project Directors;
- You will work with and provide support to other members of the team in sharing project management, project completion and client service responsibilities;
- You will lead project coordination activities that contribute to the management of projects. Projects will vary in scale, but typically will be $150,000+ in revenue and will include projects in the ecology and environmental impact assessment fields of practice throughout British Columbia and Yukon;
- You will prepare reports, proposals and other documentation within allotted schedules and budgets, under the supervision of senior staff;
- You will provide leadership and mentorship to more junior team members;
- You will communicate with the project team and lead the monitoring and control of budgets and schedules;
- You will liaise with clients, subcontractors, and other stakeholders, including regulatory body representatives;
- You will create and update project budgets and schedules, flagging issues to the Project Manager;
- You will forecast costs and prepare change orders, progress reports, and other project documentation, as necessary;
- You will review invoices and billing summaries and track project budgets;
- You will ensure project files are kept up to date using a specified document control system.
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma related to Business or Construction Management, and/or courses in accounting or business;
- Working toward, or have, a professional designation (PMP or CAPM);
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience;
- Experience in environmental consulting project delivery;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills;
- A strong work ethic and can work with minimal supervision;
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and organize large amounts of data/information;
- Experience working with budgets in Excel with high attention to detail;
- Experience using MS Office and Adobe.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Management and Executive