- We’ve been in business since 1996 and are headquartered right here in beautiful Vancouver close to bus routes and Skytrain stations. We live and play in the communities we service.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package after 3 months of full time employment.
- Novus also offers generous education reimbursement and employer matching GRRSP programs.
- It’s your birthday! Take the day off.
- Our Fun Club will have you socializing with activities throughout the year and donuts on Fridays will satisfy your cravings.
Who We Are:
Novus is a rapidly growing company offering the best in Internet, TV, and home phone services. We pride ourselves in our best-in-class customer service and have our customers at the heart of all of our decisions. We collaborate with an open mind to bring cutting-edge technology to our customers as we continue to strive for success and growth in the communities we service. As a company, we focus on leaning in on our passion, uniqueness, and diversity by providing an inclusive environment for our employees.
Novus is expanding its all fibre network into new areas and cities in Metro Vancouver in the coming years. We’re seeking an eager and experienced Project Coordinator with telecommunications, outside plant operations, and design experience to help us with our rapid growth plans.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- In your role as Project Coordinator you will act in a supporting role for the Planning, Construction and Maintenance teams acting as field support for all crew activities
- Coordinate different projects in the field giving the Director, Network Construction feedback on an ongoing basis
- Complete and submitted fibre placing and civil design drawings for approvals
- Troubleshoot and solve problems related to building, network and civil design
- Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements considering company objectives and client requirements
- Perform building audits to compile and relay relevant audit and design information to the Director, Network Construction and GIS Analyst and Database Administrator
- Do fibre locating requests as needed when construction is planned near existing network or where it might interfere with existing Novus structure
- Perform general administrative and record keeping functions
- Function as stand-in for members of the construction or maintenance teams as required
- Order Materials as per building and network design and specifications outlined by the Director, Network Construction
- Meet with developer contractor to coordinate building network installation for new construction buildings
- Contracting the appropriate subcontractors for projects/installs such as power outlets, conduit installations, fiber placing and splicing.
- Liaise with building managers or/and property managers for scheduling purposes
- Receive/issue PO’s, check shipments, sign off and keep track of shipments as they arrive
- Monitor, oversee and report on field crew OHS compliance
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 Years of experience working with telecommunications or outside plant operations of a fibre optic network or
- Completed post-secondary education in Telecom, Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset or equivalent field experience
- Complete understanding of fibre optic networks including aerial and underground construction, splicing, permitting, fault resolution, DWDM and CWDM networks including preventative maintenance
- Complete understanding of Ethernet Network design including in-building, distribution, best practices for LAN/WAN engineering design supporting voice, data and video networks at Access, Aggregation and Core network locations
- Passion for safety of employees, contractors and the general public
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel
- AutoCAD knowledge is a requirement for this role
- Valid driver's license required
- Excellent organizational skills – including superior interpersonal written and oral communication
- Working knowledge of telecom construction documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Able to work evenings and weekends for emergency outages and\or scheduled planned outages
- A team player. Have the desire to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Must have strong verbal and written skills
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Construction, Mining and Trades Other Telecommunications