Project Coordinator - Genome Science Centre BC Cancer Agency Vancouver, BC
Are you efficient and detail oriented? Provide effective support to our clinical teams so we can in turn provide the best health care to our patients.What you'll do
What you bring
- Participate on multiple projects and programs throughout the project lifespan; participates in initiatives in project management research, methodology, design, planning, implementation, integration, evaluation and ongoing monitoring.
- Contribute to the monitoring of budgets and progress for research projects, grants and core activities in collaboration with the Leader, Projects Management Team and Projects Managers, to ensure that funds are spent as planned and within budget and that project objectives are achieved.
- Compile, analyze, summarize and communicate data to describe project progress and status. Evaluate whether project objectives/milestones are met in consultation with the Leader, Projects Management Team and Projects Managers. Identify discrepancies between project progress and anticipated status for the attention of the Projects Team Leader.
- Recommend strategies and develops plans in collaboration with Projects Manager to resolve project efficiency issues where required.
- Liaise with agencies and collaborators on communication and reporting discrepancies and refer strategic issues to the Leader, Projects Management Team.
- Assist the Leader, Projects Management Team and Projects Managers in preparation of written progress reports for projects, grants and collaborations by providing updated budget summary/milestone information.
- Contribute to the preparation, assembly, presentation and distribution of project proposals and reports by compiling information, preparing reporting information including charts, tables and figures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What's in it for you
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to completion of a diploma/certificate from a recognized college (preferably in Science or Business), plus a minimum of 3 (three) years of recent related experience in project management and/or a research development management role.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and principles, project evaluation and monitoring, and multiple project interaction and integration.
- Manage multiple tasks and assignments within a fast paced environment.
- Organizational, analytical and decision-making skills. Organize work and communicate effectively.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Work under pressure of deadlines.
- Accept responsibility and work independently.
- Must be physically able to perform the job duties.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Hours of work
#113107What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia. BC Cancer Agency program is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.