Project Coordinator BC Cancer Agency Vancouver, BC As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
This role is a part of Provincial Programs supporting Functional Imaging, Supportive care and Patient & Family Experience. What you'll do
What you bring
- Monitor and coordinate the execution of projects, ensuring that they adhere to project protocols, that they conform to applicable institutional policies, and that they are completed within the required timelines.
- Identify, collect, and analyze relevant information relating to current projects, and provide input and recommendations to project team for development, implementation, analysis, dissemination of findings, and policy/practice implications.
- Actively support the management and facilitation of time-limited projects and programs to identify best strategies and activities for team members and other stakeholders, including identifying appropriate staff and assisting them to access and utilize appropriate project management tools and resources.
- Coordinate and arrange project team meetings in consideration of urgency and nature of the subject matter. Prepare documents including presentation, spreadsheets, correspondence, meeting minutes and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Present project updates to internal stakeholder groups, external agencies, organizations, and other stakeholders. Develop communication plans and assist with the dissemination of information and knowledge related to projects and key initiatives through a variety of mediums.
- Monitor period, quarterly, mid-year and year-end budget expenditures and reports variances. Gather and summarize financial information related to assigned projects for submission to the project lead and sponsor.
- In collaboration with Project Manager and/or Director, coordinate the implementation of approved recommendations resulting from previous projects, research, best practice, and policy reviews.
What we bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Health or Social Sciences plus a five (5) years in a related research assistant, project coordinator, or policy analyst role in a health, social services, government, or community organization.
- Knowledge of quality improvement and clinical practices relevant to the service/program area. Understanding of and practical skills in project coordination/management, research and evaluation; relevant computer software applications; training and facilitation.
- Related experience in conducting literature searches and reviews, best practice reviews, working collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict management and consensus building; excellent oral and written communications skills.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (until 02/06/2024)
$54,429.00 - $78,241.00 / year. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate's relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
750 West Broadway, Vancouver
Hours of Work:
136668 What we do
BC Cancer Agency is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer Agency are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 30, 2022
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.