The Project Analyst will play an integral role in supporting the Submarine (VISSC) Program. This role includes data mining and analyzing of project costs, creation of various project status reports, preparation of project performance metrics (KPI) and providing direct support to Submarine Project EVMS reporting. The analyst is also expected to support the development and implementation of an efficient billing process for Submarine Projects/Contracts. Duties/Accountabilities
Education and Experience
- Gather and analyze the data on project scope, plan, schedule, budget, and actual costs to prepare various project status reports. The role will be the prime point of contact for the project data in supporting of EVMS reporting in the VISSC PMO office.
- Coordinates the overall contract arising (1379) process with the VISSC PMO office and acts a backup for Submarine Contract Manager in the matter of 1739 when required.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a more effective and efficient invoicing process to reduce the cycle time and resources required to produce Submarine Program invoices on regular basis.
- Assists in the development and implementation of Submarine project performance metrics, with focus on adherence to process and procedure to provide the timely and accurate measures of the project.
- Provides detailed analysis on a regular basis and when necessary provides insight on fluctuations and recommends how to reduce measurement gaps.
- Prepares expenditure profiles, work force histograms, project cost EAC reports, and the graphical representation of project variance reports.
- Develops processes, templates, examples and checklists to assist the program management to implement the project monitoring, controlling and tracking processes.
- Innovates and improves the project management methodology as well as the project delivery best practices including processes, tools and techniques.
- Provides support to the Submarine Program with regards to creating, maintaining and updating various business reports and the monthly Submarine Program Review Report by utilizing JD Edwards, Business Intelligence, PEPS (BCI System), Live-Office and all applicable Microsoft office applications.
- Cross trains with other team members to ensure efficient functioning of department and will be a resource back up to the Project Cost Control Coordinator when required.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Economics with supplemental course work in Microsoft Project would be asset.
- PMI certifications such as PMP and CAPM or the enrollment of PMI certification program is necessary.
- 4 to 6 years of project management experience, which includes a minimum 2 years in a role of project cost controlling, monitoring and reporting.
- Strong track record in a multi-year project environment with proven success in a complex commercial and technical setting, preferably within Shipbuilding or Aviation maintenance industry.
- Demonstration of exemplary business ethics, integrity, confidentiality and honesty in all situations.
- Excellent analysis skill from a qualitative and quantitative perspective.
- Ability to gather and synthesize data into meaningful performance metrics.
- Good knowledge of project management methodologies and principles.
- Strong knowledge in WBS (work-breakdown-structure), job costing, budgeting and financial forecasting.
- Working knowledge in ship-refit production planning and project scheduling processes.
- Working knowledge in JDE EnterpriseOne ERP and Business Intelligence reporting systems.
- Advanced computer skills including; but not limited to all Microsoft office applications; particularly, with Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and statistical skills.
- Good oral and written communications, including the ability to communicate with others with tack and diplomacy.
- A self-starter with strong initiative in customer service and a good team-player.
- Ability to work well under pressure while being adaptable and open-minded to change.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Construction, Mining and Trades