Permanent Reference code
: 101943 Primary Location:
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Are you a financial analyst looking to provide your expertise to project management team(s), and learn and grow within a firm? Do you bring passion to what you do, showcase a can-do spirit and radiate the drive to do things right the first time to deliver high quality service? Then this is the job for you!
What will your typical day look like?
Your proactive nature will aid you in supporting preparation of budgets and forecasts to track and predict financial metrics such as revenue, expense, and profitability. Your attention to detail will allow you to track expenditures and perform the client bill and receivable collection functions with accuracy. Your communication skills will serve you well in interacting frequently with senior level internal and external clients and firm leadership to present various reporting, analyses, and discuss recommendations. Your business and/or financial education and experience will allow you to understand and utilize standard processes for project management, quality management, and risk management. You are self-motivated to continuously learn and improve your technical and financial skill set. Your ability to work independently will make you thrive with little supervision and lead the project financial lifecycle end-to-end from contract to close.
About the team
Deloitte Consulting's "Engagement Financial Services Practice" is comprised of Project Controls professionals serving as a focal point for financial aspects of project, program, and account management.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who:
Our shared values
- Has a Major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Management and a minimum of 1-3 years' experience in a financial analysis role
- Understands key financials and operational concepts and can integrate these into financial model for analysis and forecasting to asses progress on projects
- Has excellent analytical, prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Has experience working with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced level Excel
- Has outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines while handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Preferably has working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, such as SAP or other comparable systems
- Seeks challenging opportunities takes accountability for personal results
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Developer, Consulting, ERP, Equity, Quality Manager, Technology, Finance, Quality
Apply now "
Banking, Finance and Insurance