is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER The Opportunity: WSP
is currently seeking a Project Accountant to join our finance team supporting the national Earth & Environment business line, located in our Vancouver office. The Project Accountant provides support to the Project Managers/ Coordinators and is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of projects throughout the project life cycle. Reporting to the Project accounting supervisor and Controller, the Project Accountant has a good understanding of the contracts awarded in order to provide accurate, timely and complete information on all project accounting activities from project initiation, charged transactions, revenue recognition, cost and revenue forecasts to project closure. Also, the Project Accountant ensures that projects are configured in accordance with the terms of the contract, including the margins sold. He/she participates in month-end analyses, coordinates revenue adjustments if required and provides variance analysis to the project managers and controllers. Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Provide support and maintenance to a portfolio of projects under multiple Project Managers in the Environmental market segment.
• Assist Project Managers through the financial lifecycle of a project (i.e. opening, tracking, updating and closing the project).
• Ensure that projects are properly created and updated to accurately reflect the value of the mandate, costs and expected margin of the contract and that addendums/change orders and purchase orders support the value of the mandate in the accounting system.
• Provide Project Managers/Coordinators with timely and accurate prebills during the project billing cycle, make changes on prebills per Project Manager/ Coordinator instructions, print final invoices, and mail invoices with backup when required.
• Work with Project Managers/Coordinators, the credit & collections team and management as needed with the A/R collections process.
• Validate that the financial status of the project is correct by ensuring that all costs and revenues are recorded at the appropriate time.
• Work with the project delivery team to ensure regular project reviews and that the projected costs to complete "ETC" and total costs to complete "EAC" are validated and updated and that all financial issues related to revenues, budgets and profitability are addressed.
• Train and educate the project delivery team on the use of project analysis tools, dashboards, BST, Project complexity metrics, etc.
• Understand commercial clauses and billing and payment terms for projects and prepare the monthly billing, ensuring invoices are prepared and sent to the client in a timely manner.
• Assist the Controller with projects that require accruals (revenue adjustments, accounts receivable, work in progress, claims).
• Assist the Controller with month-end closing, as required.
• Prepare ad hoc financial reports for the Controller, Project Managers and Managers. What you'll bring to WSP ...
• Bachelor's degree in administration or accounting
• 2 to 3 years experience in a similar position in financial and operational management;
• Knowledge of the professional services industry, project-based accounting and ERP systems;
• Ability to work under pressure, with remote teams and the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines;
• Demonstrated professional judgment and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent command of Microsoft Windows tools;
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English;
• Knowledge of BST, Deltek or Oracle would be an asset;
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Intermediate (6 - 10 years)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada/