Our client is a Multi-disciplinary design & engineering consultant with offices in British Columbia and Alberta. Having Architectural and all Buildings Engineering Disciplines, including Structural, Mechanical and Electrical, they are highly respected in their field of expertise with over 100 professionals across different disciplines.
Due to their expanding operations, they are currently looking for a Project Accountant to join their Vancouver Office. The Project Accountant performs monthly billing, cost control, project administration and project reporting to ensure project accounting is executed in a timely and efficient manner. He/she interacts with in-house design leaders to support project success.
For this role, we’re looking specifically for an individual with one to three years project accounting experience from an architecture, engineering, or interior design firm. The majority of the projects will be design and experience in this industry is required. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the monthly billing process for design projects
- Monitor aged accounts receivable and advise the Project Manager of collection issues
AP and Cost Control
- Entry & Reviews cost reports to ensure accuracy
- Assists the project manager with budgeting, cost reporting, and forecasting
- Responsible for setting up projects in the accounting and timekeeping software
- Reads, understands and maintains project contracts
Reporting & Analyses
- Provide timely Project Labour Analysis/Reports and assist with project forecasts
- Responsible for monthly financials for the portfolio of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance with 1 to 3 years Project Accounting experience in a design environment required
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel. Basic understanding of Timberline accounting an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication to build relationships with Project Managers and facilitate timely and accurate project accounting
- Takes responsibility for the results of his/her work and possesses strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Sets the bar high for self and others to assure thoroughness, quality and accuracy and balances speed and thoroughness to get the job done right the first time; detail-oriented
Posted: September 20, 2017
Closes:November 19, 2017