The Project Accountant provides support to Project Managers and is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of projects through the project life cycle.
The role of the PA is to provide knowledge and understanding of contracts and agreements to ensure accurate, timely and complete information for all project accounting activities from project set-up, cost recording, revenue recognition, project forecasting and project closure while leveraging the project management system to its fullest extent. Other requirements of the role include ensuring projects are properly setup to accurately reflect the contractual terms and as sold margins, participate in month end reviews, coordinate revenue adjustments as required and provide analysis on variances to Project Managers and the National Business Line Controllers.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPResponsabilities:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Provide support and oversight on a portfolio of projects with multiple PMs across business units.
- Lead the financial review for projects to ensure compliance with accounting standards and corporate policies.
- Provide expertise to PM's through the financial lifecycle of a project, from setup, monitoring, updating and closure:
- Ensure project set-up accurately mirrors the as-sold price, cost and margin of the contract, and that addendums/change orders and PO's support the contract value loaded in the system
- Challenge WBS Structure at creation towards optimizing project structures and minimizing complexity for efficient delivery and execution throughout the life of the project
- Open, create and maintain projects WBS structure, revenue and cost budgets
- Ensure timely recording of all cost and revenue transactions.
- Assist PM's in the PSR and management project review process, including the validation of ETCs and EACs, and ensure any financial issues related to earnings, cash-flow, and reporting are addressed
- Attend meetings with Project Delivery Team on the financial status of projects.
- Perform Time and Expense Transfers as needed, when not related to Billings
- Transact project write-ups and write-downs
- Perform and support project related internal control procedures
- Perform project closeout processes
- Train and educate project delivery team on the use of financial project analysis tools, dashboards, Vision, etc.
- Possess strong understanding of the company's revenue and costing methodologies and provide expertise to the Project Delivery Team.
- Understand commercial, billing and payment terms on the project and act as a liaison with the Billing team to ensure invoices are prepared and sent to the client in a timely manner.
- Perform Rate Table/Labour Codes Validation, as required
- Assist Controllers with project related provisions / reserves (i.e. Estimate at Completion adjustments, Accounts Receivable, Work in Progress, ROCV and legal claims)
- Identify AR & WIP provision requirements
- Review backup documentation supporting provisions and track all monthly adjustments as required
- Perform Hard and Soft Backlog Validation
- Support Controllers during month end close as required.
- Prepare and analyze variances pertaining to cost and revenue.
- Prepare ad hoc project related financial reports from time to time as requested
- Assist Controller with project related external and internal audit requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in administration or accounting
- 2 to 3 years experience in a similar position in financial and operational management;
- Knowledge of the professional services industry, project-based accounting and ERP systems;
- Champions integrity and trust, strong work-ethics and able to multi-tasks and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Good understanding of accounting principles and policies
- Ability to work under pressure, with remote teams and the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated professional judgment and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Windows tools;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of Oracle would be an asset;
Expected Salary (all locations): $69 647 - $87 058
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance