The Project Accountant assists the Project Managers in various tasks related to accounting and project coordination. He/She is responsible for the project billing process, including responding to client inquiries, verifying employee’s chargeable time, in accordance with the established accounting standards. He/She communicates regularly with the project team and Corporate Accounting Department on all projects and corporate accounting matters.
The main responsibilities are:
- Complete accounting process for new accounts and project codes;
- Track, analyze and submit project costs;
- Validate and process invoices from our suppliers and/or subcontractors;
- Validate commercial terms with clients and suppliers as defined in contracts;
- Keep track of monthly statements of our subcontractors and prepare HMI’s progress billing;
- Track, process and submit holdback releases with clients and subcontractors;
- Collect and review weekly timesheets and expense accounts;
- Prepare various reports such as: project plans, client reports, health & safety reports, etc., on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis;
- Administrative duties such as: purchasing, preparing order forms, receiving materials, travel coordination, answering phone, filing, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with a minimum of 3 years of experience OR
College degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience;
- Good knowledge with MS Office programs, such as: Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.;
- Experience within the construction industry: an asset;
- Ability to speak French: not required, but an asset.
- Recognize to meet deadlines;
- Concern for confidentiality;
- Good at communicating directly with clients and service providers, in a professional manner.
Apply now! Send us your resume by email, specifying the job title, to the attention of:
Jani Labonté, CHRP
Human Resources Professional
We thank you for your interest, but please note that we will contact only those selected for an interview.