Salary: $50k – $65k
Are you a Project Accountant in the Vancouver area looking to take on a new challenge in the Real Estate Development industry? Does the possibility of fast growth appeal to you? Be an integral part in the growth of this up and coming Development Company by applying today.
With a flat organizational structure, the successful candidate is able to touch on many different aspects of the organization, that wouldn’t be possible in a hierarchal structure. With many new projects lined up, there will be a need to grow the Accounting Department, which leads to the potential for this role to grow into a management role shortly.
This company is entering the Vancouver construction market with an exciting list of projects in development. They have received the required permits for their first townhome development and soon will be breaking ground on a multi-tower high-rise residential project. This is a young company looking to add experienced construction professionals to help them build successful projects and help develop a strong reputation in the Vancouver market. The growth potential in this role is unmatched within the industry!
Reporting to the Financial Manager, the Project Accountant is responsible for full cycle project accounting.
The key duties are as follows:
- Project AP and AR
- Reconciles and enters monthly progress draws
- Cash-flow and analysis of fees and ledgers
- Preparation of monthly & yearly financial statements
- Year-end audit working papers & assistance
- Bank reconciliations
The successful candidate is a motivated self-starter who is able to problem solve and work independently. At the same time the ideal candidate is an outgoing team player who is accountable and gets the work done.
The following would be considered requirements:
- Development industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ full cycle project accounting experience
- Strong computer skills: QuickBooks & MS Excel
The following would be considered assets:
- CPA (CMA, CGA) Designation
- Experience with QuickBooks Premier Contractor Edition
- Mandarin speaking
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $50,000 to $65,000 per annum (based on experience)
- Comprehensive benefits package: Extended Medical, Dental, Para-medicals (Chiro etc.)
- 2 – 3 weeks’ vacation (negotiable)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com
, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca
to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Brett Kuseler for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.