Salary: $60k - $70k
Location: Vancouver; easily accessed by transit
As a Project Accountant working in Vancouver’s property and development industry, how do you assert yourself as the top of your field? Do you have a great salary? Do you work on the biggest and most reputable projects? Are you someone who is praised and given opportunity after opportunity by your employer? Is this the track you are on now?
We are working on an opportunity that can immediately put you on this track. One of Vancouver’s largest, most reputable, and most socially responsible developers is looking to bring a strong project accountant into their team to grow and learn about how the business is really done
The sky is the limit with this employee-first organization! For the motivated and driven candidate, there is ample opportunity to grow into a controller or accounting manager for large projects.
One of Vancouver's top General Contractors is seeking a project accountant to oversee large luxury construction projects from beginning to end. The company is currently involved the development for over 10 projects across North America, some of which are about to change the Vancouver landscape. Their outstanding reputation stems from their work on residential and commercial projects which are consistently built to the highest calibre.
The office is intimate and easily accessed by a variety of travel modes, including rapid transit. You will be mentored and trained by the industry’s best and brightest in a pet friendly (hypo-allergenic) and cheerful office.
With a 40 year history in the Vancouver marketplace, this company brings a reputable name, stability and an exciting future to the table.
The key accountabilities for the role are as follows:
• Responsible for the full cycle project accounting of assigned projects
• Work closely with Project Managers to manage the budget for each assigned project
• Prepare all financial reporting relevant to assigned project as required by Sr. Management
• Ensure all contractual commitments and financial adjustments are properly reflected in the tracking, invoicing, and reporting system
• Manage project invoicing and draw process for each assigned project
• Manage the project’s accounts receivable process, including the monthly progress draw
• Regular reconciliation of invoicing from trades and all other suppliers
• Ongoing maintenance and monthly reconciliation of project ledger
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and manage the cheque runs
The following are considered requirements:
• 3+ years of experience in a project accounting role in a construction or development environment
• Bachelor Degree in Business or Accounting preferred
• Experience using Timberline software
• Demonstrated accounting and job costing experience specifically in the real estate or development industries
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent Microsoft Office Suite Skills
The following are considered an asset:
• CGA, CMA or CA designation
• Experience using Procore Project Management software
• Some experience in budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning and analysis
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Starting salary between $60,000 and $70,000
• Excellent benefits packages: Dental; Extended Medical; MSP Paid; Paramedicals (Chiro etc); Pension; RRSP
• Transit accessible workplace in a central area
• Exceptional working environment in a supportive and collaborative office
• Excellent growth potential and the ability to work on high profile projects
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: [email protected], or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Tarryn Moore for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
About Impact Recruitment Inc.
Impact Recruitment is Western Canada's top specialized Recruitment Firm. With the ability to service every position within an organization, Impact is the ideal partner for your growing company.