Under the limited direction of the Technology Department leadership performs systems administration, operational-level programming/scripting, and server and systems support for application and operating systems and portions of moderately complex or complex systems.
- Analyzes and develops design specifications for software applications, including Student Information Systems and associated programs.
- Writes, tests maintains, modifies and integrates software programs and scripts
- Supports and maintains district servers including updates, backups and security patches
- Supports district directory services, district web pages, district wireless and other network and communication systems
- Provides assistance to users and other employees on day-to-day procedures
- Assists and advises in the assurance of completeness of user requirements
- Assists and advises in the development of logical and physical system specifications
- Researches and evaluates a variety of software and systems development approaches
- Prepares reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software and applications
* Performs other assigned duties that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
- Recent Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering with four years recent and related experience
- Good working knowledge and experience with current programming languages and systems
- Proficient in all aspects of software development and associated processes including security, networks and modern firewalls
- Thorough working experience installing, configuring and maintaining servers
- Thorough working knowledge of Directory services
- Thorough working knowledge of current networking protocols and commonly used services
- Ability to support district learning and business management systems for all back-end support such as security updates, software updates and theming
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and work on many different assignment/initiatives simultaneously meeting deadlines with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated effective planning, prioritizing, project management and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, organizational, written, verbal and presentation skills
- An ability to work well in a team-based collaborative environment with proven leadership experience
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver's license
* Or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Dedication to learning and working with diverse technologies and multiple application systems
- Ability to maintain relevant server, networking and other certifications is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of package maintenance for Debian/Ubuntu