Interior Health is currently looking for a permanent full-time Programmer/Analyst II - Report Developer to join our Information Development & Business Intelligence team in Kelowna. Are you an independent thinker with a degree or diploma program in Computer Science and looking to apply your knowledge and skills? If you answered "yes", this opportunity as a Programmer/Analyst II - Report Developer is for you!
The Programmer/Analyst II Report Developer performs a variety of duties to ensure the provision of effective maintenance and support of information system reporting projects and delivery of information throughout Interior Health according to established policies, procedures and standards.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Programmer/Analyst II - Report Developer undertakes report development projects from preliminary analysis to port implementation review by:
o Gathering detailed report specifications from end users
o Working collaboratively with end users during the report writing process
o Developing and documenting reports and procedures
o Thoroughly testing reports and procedures
o Preparing detailed implementation plans
• Designs, writes and maintains custom reports and routines from Interior Health's information systems using programming languages and reporting tools such as SQL, Meditech Report Writing tools, Desktop Intelligence and Crystal reports to meet specific reporting needs.
• As a member of the Information Management team, works collaboratively with team members and the broader IMIT team to analyse data requirements for report writing purposes and assists in modification of existing information systems to meet those requirements.
• Works collaboratively with management and Report Development/Business Intelligence team to establish and maintain consistent standards for delivery of information to Interior Health.
• Responds to, troubleshoots and resolves data, access and performance issues related to reporting.
• Within the IH Data governance model, consults with data stewards and data owners to establish appropriate end-user data access.
• Liaises with vendors to ensure that software and system issues are resolved; refers problems as required.
• Follows developed policies and procedures surrounding the report development life cycle.
• Monitors and provides input on adoption of advancing technology in order to support continuous improvement towards the delivery of information to Interior Health.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension.
As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Qualifications
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science plus two years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT How to Apply http://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/
Customer Service and Support