The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: PROGRAM WORKER | #1356
SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
LOCATION: Vancouver & Richmond
START DATE: April 26, 2021
TERM/STATUS: Temporary/Casual Part Time
HOURLY WAGE: $18.00
These positions involve recreational programming, instruction, and assisting with activities of daily living. It involves representing the Association by participating in community events. These positions are subject to funding by Canada Summer Jobs.
• Experience in assisting individuals in all aspects of daily living (total personal care, feeding, bathing, dressing, etc.)
• Knowledge of and ability to work with challenging behaviours.
• Knowledge of and ability to deal effectively with behaviours associated with mental health, an asset.
• Post-secondary education or training in a related field
• Must be between ages of 19-30 at intake time, not hold another full time (30 or more hours) summer job.
• Minimum one year direct experience with people with developmental disabilities.
• Training in behaviour management techniques.
Standard requirements of the Program Worker include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Demonstrated competency in English
• Basic computer literacy
• Must be Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
#39 - BrainStation - Take Risks, Learn More & Stress Less
About Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA)
Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a non-profit association which supports children and adults with developmental disabilities, enabling them to realize their full potential through ne...Read More