Job Description Summary
The Program Manager, Strategic Pricing is part of the Global Pricing team within the Business Operations department. STEMCELL's Pricing team is responsible for ensuring that STEMCELL's products and services are priced to optimize both value to our customers and profitably to the business.
Working closely with the Pricing and Product Management teams, the Program Manager, Strategic Pricing is responsible for the strategic determination and maximization of the value of STEMCELL products. Their goal is to have a positive impact on revenue and margin through the design, development and implementation of product specific pricing strategy and tactics. The Program Manager, Strategic Pricing will be directly involved in making product pricing recommendations based on company and industry pricing best practices and reporting recommendations to senior leadership.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of STEMCELL's products, key markets, market trends, customers, and competitors to ensure profitable and optimized pricing for STEMCELL's products globally.
- Participate as a key member of the new product introduction (NPI) team and the new product pricing process.
- Own pricing tasks of new products ensuring accurate data preparation and analysis to support strategic decision making.
- Collaborate with Product Management, R&D, and Sales to conduct economic value analysis, competitive analysis, and cost/volume analysis to develop price recommendations for existing and new products.
- Present strategic pricing recommendations for executive decision making.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales management to develop promotional programs that impact pricing.
- Collaborate with Finance to manage fair market value pricing for royalty payments.
- Ensure pricing documents like SOPs, policy manuals, and process maps are up to date and communicated and made available to all the appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure internal pricing databases are accurately maintained and always up to date in relevant internal information systems, global webstores, and price lists.
- Ensure eMarketplaces and third party procurement channel databases are accurate and consistent with current company price lists.
- Participate in the development of eCommerce pricing models and strategies as per the pricing policy of STEMCELL.
- Contribute to the design, preparation and reporting on key performance metrics.
- Minimum MSc in cell biology or other life sciences fields
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant experience in pricing, marketing or product management
- Proven business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to communicate and present recommendations to senior management
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, requiring significant cross-functional coordination and teamwork
- Very strong analytical and presentation skills, including advanced knowledge of Spreadsheet and Presentation applications.
- Resilient, self-motivated, and results driven.
- Proven examples of demonstrating a can-do attitude.
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics