Job Description Summary
Throughout our history, STEMCELL has demonstrated a commitment to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As a growing, global company, we now seek to institutionalize our commitments and expectations. We intend to create structure, goals and metrics to support our continued commitment to developing staff and leaders who ensure through action, a psychologically safe, equitable and inclusive culture. STEMCELL defines diversity to be inclusive of individuals regardless of gender, race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or physical or mental disability.
The mandate of the Program Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion will be to support, implement and validate comprehensive and integrated diversity, equity and inclusion activities. The Program Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will support the ongoing development and maturation of STEMCELL's best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion by establishing metrics, goals and objectives and monitoring progress. This role also provides project management of our annual Employee Engagement survey which measures the progression of our inclusive culture and of our employee listening program as a whole.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, and working closely with our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Steering Committee (DEISC), the HR team, employee volunteers, and our corporate social responsibility and communications teams, the Program Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion implements key aspects of the company's diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) strategies and initiatives that support STEMCELL's vision, corporate brand, and culture.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the development and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives globally
- Project manages STEMCELL's annual Employee Engagement survey, managing relationships with our survey software provider and our external consultants, as well as internal trainers, promoters, executive team etc.
- Writes grant proposals, business plans and other company communications with respect to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion activities within STEMCELL.
- Supports the Executive Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Steering committee by creating agendas, presentations, and dashboard to support ongoing measurement of our progress on key areas of focus.
- Creates support infrastructure for Employee Resources groups. Facilitates ERG meetings, budget proposals and preparation for Executive Committee meetings.
- Develops and implements communications plans to raise awareness internally and externally about diversity, equity and inclusion programs, including presentations and reports to senior leadership, internal and external website content, press releases and social media postings
- Bachelor's degree in cell or molecular biology, social sciences or related field. An advanced degree in science would be an asset.
- Shares the company's passion and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. A thorough understanding and knowledge of diversity and inclusion practices is required;
- Demonstrated understanding of equity, diversity and inclusion and how to integrate an equity-minded lens at both the individual and systems change levels;
- 2-4 years experience championing diversity in a prior organization or volunteer capacity.
- Project management skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; Experience managing complex, multi-phased projects is an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a team and demonstrate a results oriented approach;
- Ability to effectively advocate for change, influence and collaborate across the organization to address complex and varied organizational challenges is essential;
- Ability to be a strategic and analytical thinker with strong decision-making and research skills.
- A self-motivated individual who takes initiative, is proactive and has the ability to work on multiple projects with a very high degree of autonomy
- An excellent track record of execution in a fast-paced, growing company environment, preferably with a global organization
- Superior interpersonal and collaboration skills at all levels within an organization, with the ability to effectively interact and communicate (verbally and written) with a scientific and/or technical audience.
- High attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Suite
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior work experience at STEMCELL
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!