DISTRICT OF SAANICH
PARKS, RECREATION AND COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
G.R. PEARKES RECREATION CENTREProgram Leader I - Youth ServicesUp to 5 Casual Positions
The District of Saanich, Youth Services section operates three stand-alone teen centres housed within its recreation centre settings. Teen centre staff are responsible for planning and overseeing both registered and drop in programs and services to youth in our community. As a Program Leader I, you will rely on your leadership skills to plan and lead these programs. You will work cooperatively and communicate effectively with youth participants, their families as well as coworkers and supervisors. Your role will be to ensure the enjoyment and safety of all participants by maintaining the program site, implementing safe work practices and leading well organized activities.
Requirements include completion of Grade 10; three months experience working with participants in a recreational or instructional setting; satisfactory police information check; Emergency First-Aid and CPR-C. The ideal candidates will have experience working with youth, and have the ability to be inclusive and flexible to ensure a positive environment is created for all participants; demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to maintain a high degree of enthusiasm and personal motivation. Experience working with people with behavioural or cognitive difficulties is an asset. The successful candidate will work varying shifts including weekends, evenings and nights up to 15 hours per week (hours/shifts are subject to change). Specific shifts required:
Flipside Teen Centre (Pearkes Rec Centre)
- Sports Drop In Monday 3:00.- 5:00 p.m.
- Afterschool Drop In Tuesday 3:00.- 5:00 p.m.,
Thursday 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.,
Friday. 2:00.- 10:00 p.m.
- Afterschool Club Tuesday & Thursday 2:45-5:15pm
* held at Colquitz Middle School
Upside Teen Centre (Saanich Commonwealth Place)
- Lunch hour Clubs Tuesday & Thursday 12:30 - 2:00p.m.
* held at Royal Oak Middle School
Backdoor Teen Centre (Gordon Head Recreation Centre)
- FUEL Breakfast Program Thursday 7:30-9:00a.m.
- various drop in shifts required. This is a C.U.P.E. Local 2011 position with a wage of $20.89 per hour plus 13% in lieu of benefits. Job description and competition information can be found at www.saanich.ca . This is an open until filled posting. Please apply quoting competition 20037 to
: Human Resources, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7 (Fax 250-475-5550) or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
. While we thank all applicants for applying, only those under consideration will be contacted.