Program Lead, Leadership and Organizational Development
The Program Lead, Leadership & Organizational Development is responsible for supporting the design, development and delivery of organization-wide programs and initiatives related to leadership and talent development in support of Kal Tire's business and people development goals. In this consultative role, the Program Lead, Leadership & Organizational Development is a relationship builder who collaborates with stakeholders across the organization, the HR Shared Services team, and external partners in support of both individual and organizational capability and capacity development.
- Develops and implements talent development programs and initiatives to support organizational people development priorities: performance development, career development, leadership development, employee engagement, and change management.
- Consults with HR Shared Services and Business Stakeholders to ensure talent development programming and initiatives effectively support individual and team competency development and captures insights to continuously improve processes, talent-related technology and tools, and resources.
- Collaborates with HR Shared Services to apply a change management lens to leadership and organizational development programs and solutions to enable organizational readiness for change adoption and sustainment.
- Provides advice and coaching to support leaders' ability to engage in effective conversations and behaviours in support of team member's engagement and performance and/or career development.
- Ensures the ongoing management of leadership development integrates principles of effective leadership behaviours, change management, and team development, in support of both individual and organizational capability and capacity development.
- Assesses the effectiveness of leadership and organizational development initiatives within both the current environment and emerging future needs to provide informed recommendations that will positively affect the Kal Tire's ability to attract, retain and develop talent. Supports the implementation of agreed-upon strategies for continuous improvement.
- Measures and reports on relevant talent development metrics to provide insights into the effectiveness of programming and initiatives. Contributes to the development of briefings and presentations for Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrates effective leadership behaviours and takes personal ownership of engagement and development.
- Demonstrates the Kal Tire AIMS and promotes a culture of accountability to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- 5 - 7 years of combined experience in Human Resources or Organizational Development
- 4+ years' experience with developing and implementing talent initiatives: performance development, career development, leadership development, employee engagement, and/or change management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in developing and consulting on key talent initiatives: performance development, career development, leadership development, employee engagement, and/or change management.
- Program management experience including needs assessment, design and development, change management, and evaluation of programming effectiveness.
- Ability to build trust and relationships with HR Shared Services and Business Stakeholders.
- Demonstrated change agility and resiliency to continually look for opportunities to move forward and make positive impacts in alignment with current and future business needs.
- Ability to advise managers and team members in portfolio areas: performance development, career development, leadership development, employee engagement, and change management.
- Familiarity with talent-related technology solutions such as Onboarding, Learning Management, Performance Development, Career Development, and/or Succession Management.
- Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality; uses diplomacy, discretion and judgment in giving out information. Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion.
- University degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, Adult Education, a related degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Training or certification in any of the following: third party leadership development content, change management, psychometric evaluation tools, or coaching methodology.
- May be remote position with t ravel up to 10% of the time
About Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.