Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a clinical background with experience in Mental Health and Substance Use? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Program Coordinator, Mental Health & Substance Use Services (MH&SUS) in Surrey, BC.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Establishing clinical priorities and adjusting work assignments
- Acting as a senior clinician in the provision of case consultation and clinical review
- Advocating for patients and their family members to access appropriate community resources
- Participating in recruitment, interviewing and selection of staff
- Providing clinical expertise, consultation, role modeling and leadership
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved School of Nursing
- Four (4) years' recent related clinical experience in individual, family and group modalities of practice in mental health/psychiatry/substance use disorders as per the assigned clinical area, in either a hospital or community setting including a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Valid B.C. Driver's license and access to personal vehicle for business related purposes.
This role is a relief full-time position located in Surrey, BC. Surrey is one of Canada's fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.