Program Assistant Permanent
Be responsible for assisting Department Heads with a variety of administrative support activities, contributing to the smooth running of the departments.Responsibilities
- Receives and responds to a high volume of student inquiries pertaining to course/program information and registration procedures. Responds to questions from areas of the college's support services as well as external agencies, regarding departmental business.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials such as course schedules, timetables, class lists, honor roll certificates, promotional material for new courses, advertising materials, forms, reports, learning materials, and routine correspondence. Prepares and maintains a wide variety of records and reports including absence reports and substitute time sheets.
- Assists instructors in emergency situations, shows videos, supervises tests, arranges make-up tests, administers and collects assignments and Library materials. Helps contact substitute instructors, relays instructions for class assignments, provides keys to offices and/or classrooms and locates books and materials, etc.
- Records, produces and distributes minutes of department meetings.
- Assists in program marketing efforts, makes arrangements for the distribution of brochures and posters, posts information sessions on website and prepares for information sessions.
Assists with schedule preparation; coordinates production of timetable, registration booklet, and inputs data into spreadsheets.
- Assists in the orientation of new students and new term instructors. Arranges job shadowing, books and materials; handles paperwork; organizes email and troubleshoots any issues that may arise and responds to questions regarding procedures etc.
- Prepares contract requests for terms and maintains records of term workload.
- Keeps accurate accounts of class enrolments during registration periods, updates and maintains enrolment records through term.
- Coordinates distribution of advertising materials, internally and externally. Prepares and packs promotional materials for special events.
- Prepares and maintains bulletin board displays in hallways and classrooms.
- Stores and disposes record materials as per FIPA regulation.
- Monitors, orders and maintains an inventory of office and stationary supplies.
- Coordinates field trip requisitions and cash deposits.
- Maintains department website.
- Performs a variety of general office duties such as distributing department mail, booking rooms, responding to equipment maintenance requests and collecting and distributing book orders.
- Grade 12 supplemented by computer courses plus additional specialized training of over 1 year in Business Administration and 2 years' related experience or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience may be substituted for the required qualifications.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty and the general public.
- Recent 'hands-on' experience and demonstrated ability dealing 'face to face' with international clients, customers and/or students.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage several time-sensitive tasks at any given time. Ability to adapt readily to changing situations.
- Ability to exercise discretion and mature judgement in relating to people, giving out information and solving problems. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding departmental and personnel matters.
- Considerable knowledge of the organization, content and registration procedures of all College programs.
- Computer experience and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Student Information Systems (Banner preferred). Minimum 50 wpm.
- Ability to work at all College locations.
Suitable individuals meeting or exceeding all of the above criteria are encouraged to send a response in the strictest of confidence detailing the required skills for immediate consideration by clicking here .