Program Assistant, Prenatal Services
VancouverWhat you'll do
What you bring
- Prepares technical and non-technical material such as correspondence, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, program materials, and presentations from drafts or verbal instruction by methods such as utilizing word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software; creating files, typing, setting up tables and spreadsheet calculations; and editing material for punctuation, grammar, spelling and stylistic consistency in accordance with departmental standards. Distributes material as required.
- Verifies and completes purchase requisition orders and verifies invoices for back-up or replacement items in accordance with department standards by methods such as receiving orders from staff, checking for accuracy, validating information including signature, identifying correct code for item requested, obtaining required authorization and forwarding documentation as required. Verifies the accuracy of invoices by performing duties such as checking quantities, prices, extensions, discounts and totals, identifying discrepancies, and contacting sources to ensure that invoice discrepancies are followed up.
- Maintains timekeeping and related records for designated staff such as statutory holidays and vacations taken by completing and submitting electronic timesheet data and making any necessary adjustments.
- Arranges meetings by performing duties such as selecting appropriate dates, altering schedules when necessary, notifying participants, and booking rooms, equipment, and catering as required. Provides support by circulating agendas, compiling background information and supporting materials, attending meetings to record proceedings, preparing minutes and reports and taking follow up action as required.
- Sets up and maintains program filing system for materials such as correspondence, financial and personnel records by performing duties such as creating files and indexes, establishing a bring-forward system, filing materials, and updating computer records to facilitate retrieval of documentation when required.
- Participates in on-going team planning and quality improvement activities that facilitates team goal setting, problem solving, and collaboration by methods such as attending meetings and in-services, orientating new staff to the team, and providing input regarding efficiency of processes/procedures relating to work duties.
- Maintains levels of stationery according to pre-determined levels by methods such as identifying depleting items, completing internal requisitions to order replacement items, forwarding requisitions to designated personnel for approval and signature, and verifying receipt of items.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as receiving visitors and informing staff, providing information on Perinatal Services BC or forwarding requests for information to appropriate staff; answering the telephone, transferring calls and taking messages; sending, opening and distributing mail; faxing and photocopying materials; and performing equipment maintenance procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What's in it for you
- Completion of Grade 12, plus two (2) years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.\Ability to keyboard at 55 WPM.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full TimeHours of work:
9:00 - 18:00
What we do
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services .
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.