Program Assistant, BC Mental Health Program, Vancouver, BC
Are you a highly organized person with strong administrative skills? This position is accountable for providing confidential administrative and secretarial support for a program/department, following administrative policies and procedures and organizes the day-to-day administrative operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery of administrative services program/department.What you'll do
What you bring
- Respond to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues. Discusses inquiries for information with a variety of internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Effectively triages visitors, telephone calls, correspondence and incoming materials by screening and prioritizing for immediate attention, distributing as appropriate, taking and relaying messages, and directing visitors.
- Prepare and update various documents such as reports, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets, and website materials in an accurate and timely manner including material that is confidential or sensitive in nature. Utilize a variety of software applications to ensure professional standards are maintained, relevant and current data is used and end product is appropriately and professionally formatted. Enter and collect data, and compile relevant statistical information and reports.
- Maintain a consistently updated and accurate meeting schedule for the program/department as required. Coordinate meetings ensuring well-defined and timely agendas, identification of and notification to interested parties, compilation of background information and supporting materials and preparation of packages/summary documents and meeting facilitation. Coordinate administrative meeting logistics and makes catering, travel and accommodation arrangements. Attend and act as a recorder for confidential meetings such as management meetings and follow-up on action items and in-services as required.
- Authorize expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit, and utilize an expenditure tracking system to ensure expenditures and invoices are authorized and processed in a timely and accurate manner. Complete purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forward for processing, and ensure invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment. . Ensure appropriate supplies and support materials are available and equipment is in working order. Coordinate and standardize the implementation of technology (new and existing) within the program.
- Complete and submit eForms for designated Leaders; process timekeeping for assigned staff; and liaise with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources as necessary.
- Initiate follow-up processes with staff and others. Resolve day-to-day problems as required, evaluate operating procedures, and advise management as necessary. Provide assistance on projects by collecting data requiring the evaluation and determination of available sources. Actively participate in team meetings and provides input to new policies, processes, quality improvement activities, and the development of strategies.
What's in it for you
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal secretarial program plus three (3) years recent related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an intermediate level.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ability to type 60 words per minute.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full - Time
$42,392-$55,640 per year. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate's relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
Hours of work
137525What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges. (BCMHSUS) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.