Langley School District #35 is seeking applicants for the position of Professional services coordinator for a continuing assignment.
Reports to the District Administrator, Professional Services, and performs a variety of duties relating to the needs assessment for, and organization of professional development sessions. the successful applicant requires strong computer skills including design, layout and content of promotional material (such as booklets and pamphlets) as well as online surveys, forms and website updates etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in the needs assessment and organization of professional development sessions including after school in-service, pro-d days, parent conferences and summer institute.
• Arranges for speakers, sites and hosts appropriate to the identified needs.
• Writes, edits and proofreads newsletters, forms, promotional brochures and publications for pro-d sessions, including coordination of printing and distribution.
• Arranges appropriate facilities and services for all pro-d sessions.
• Assists in the evaluation of pro-d sessions.
• Develops procedures for department operations and undertaking events
• Organizes the presentation of in-district UBC diploma program.
• Operates equipment such as computer, FAX and photocopier.
• Performs other assigned comparable duties which are within the scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities required by this class specification.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in education, creative writing, marketing communications or English, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• One to two years related experience.
• Ability to interpret, analyze and use judgement in the application and modification of methods and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively using tact, discretion and diplomacy in contacts of a difficult or specialized nature.
• Advanced knowledge of computers.
• Knowledge of office procedures desirable.
• Ability to work with interruptions and meet deadlines.
• Physical ability to perform the required duties
Rate of pay: $29.46per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Please include the following documents in your application:
Note that we accept electronic applications only. We are unable to respond to follow-up phone calls or emails.
Please apply on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3As8Dtj.
Successful applicant will be subject to a criminal records check.
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
#50 - GeoComply - Finding Success from the Ground Up
About Make A Future
Make a Future is a recruitment initiative created by the BC Public School Employers’ Association as a joint venture among BC’s 60 public boards of education, the First Nations Education Steering Co...Read More