PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR – Plywood Mill, Career Advancement, South BC
Location: Southern BC
Calling all production supervisors in the forestry industry - If you have experience working in a Plywood/OSB/Veneer mill, an excellent opportunity has just become available. Considering making a career move? Why not consider a relocation too? This opening has become available in one of BC’s most attractive locations.
This established, diversified company, strives to be one of the leaders in the industry. This is apparent in the world class quality products that are produced, along with the excellent customer service and their emphasis on sustainability. It is run in a family-like, collaborative way with management adopting an open door policy.
There is plenty room for growth when you join a large established organisation. Opportunities for further training, education and potential to step into a Superintendent position can become available. This company hires from within and constantly encourages internal promotion.
The Production Supervisor will report to the Superintendent. The production Supervisor plays an important role in the manufacturing of Plywood. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing all the production staff on the plant floor.
• Ensuring the companies safety policies and procedures are adhered to
• Supervise all stages of the manufacturing of the logs – delivery, booming, de-barking, steaming, peeling and processing
• Monitor and ensure that the veneer supply is maintained in order to reach plants production need
• Ensure quality standards are met
• Must have previous experience in Plywood, OSB or Veneer Plant
• Well developed leadership qualities will collaborative management style
• Excellent communication skills
• LEAN manufacturing experience an asset
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Excellent Competitive Salary
• Bonus – At management discretion
• Vacation starts at 3 weeks
• Dental, extended medical, MSP Paid, Paramedics
• Pension, RRSP
• Phone Allowance
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: [email protected], or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Katie O’Brien at 6046898687 ext.# 222 for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
About Impact Recruitment Inc.
Impact Recruitment is Western Canada's top specialized Recruitment Firm. With the ability to service every position within an organization, Impact is the ideal partner for your growing company.