POSITION: Shift Supervisor
Operating under the direction of the Flow Team Leader, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for first line supervision of production staff, providing leadership and direction to a dedicated production line.
Job duties include:
- Organizing the distribution of work and monitoring progress toward Production Plan objectives
- Ensuring products exiting production meet strict customer and quality requirements
- Supervising the proper usage and maintenance of machines and processes
- Initiating, leading, and participating in continuous improvement
- Ensuring a smooth transition between shifts
- Supervising Production staff
- Performing production duties as necessary
The ideal candidate will possess education and experience conducive to success in a Manufacturing environment; however we are willing to provide support and training to the right individual.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 0 – 5 years’ experience in a Production/Manufacturing environment is a strong asset
- Machinist, Operator, Military Marine Engineer, or equivalent backgrounds are preferred
- A strong command of English, written and spoken
- Prior experience leading and/or managing others
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles is considered an asset
The ideal Shift Supervisor is an individual who is disciplined, assertive, mature, loyal, positive, and possesses a customer-oriented attitude.
The Shift Supervisor must possess the following personal skills:
- Able to direct, motivate, manage and support others
- Able to logically organize activities and take proactive action to meet production needs
- Able to multi-task and maintain focus in a high pressure environment
- Able to creatively and effectively problem-solve
- Excellent time management skills
Please note that this is a union exempt position.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Applicants who do not fit this criteria will not be considered.
We thank all our applicants. However, only those shortlisted will be contacted due to high volume of applicants.