Position: Production Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee shop operations.
- Co-ordinate the flow of work and issuing of jobs and drawings.
- Manage material storage and flow throughout shop and yard
- Oversee truck loading, shipping and receiving
- Coordinate setups for special bending
- Identify personnel requirements, builds production teams and assigns team leaders as required.
- Ensure new production workers are qualified for the work they are to do and that proper orientation and training are provided as required.
- Ensure required deadlines are met for each job in production.
- Ensure that time is properly tracked and allocated to each job for costing purposes.
- Ensure materials are properly tracked and allocated to each job for costing purposes.
- Ensure quality and pride of work is built into every job.
- Ensure a safe work environment by having personnel take pride in a well organized and well maintained production area.
- Ensure that proper Worksafe BC standards are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that shop equipment is maintained in proper working order with all safety measures in place.
- Identify areas for improvement, ways to better expedite and gain production efficiencies, and cost reductions.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of shop personnel.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform work in accordance with the quality management system
- Complete all applicable quality records
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Proficient in written and oral English
3. On-the-job experience
- Bending processes, materials knowledge, shop procedures (2 years)
- Steel trades background (2 years) including blueprint reading
- Supervisory experience (2 years)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering design documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to make decisions and give clear and concise directions to carry them out
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications and the Internet
- Steel trades qualification
5. Quality management system knowledge
- Production, receiving, shipping, inspection and testing, traceability, nonconformance, corrective and preventive action, document control, record control, training, preventive maintenance.
Posted: November 28, 2016
Closes:January 27, 2017