Production Line Operator: Harvey 2376
We are currently looking for a Production Line Operator, for a modern food producing plant, with high speed process, and packaging lines.
The line operator is responsible for setting up the production line, maintaining, adjusting, and supplying the line employees with required supplies, to be able to keep to, the required running speed.
- Conducts, pre-operational sanitation checks, of all equipment, and production area.
- Any problems noted, will be reported immediately to production supervisor and QA staff on duty.
- Set up the equipment according to specification and ensure all equipment is in perfect running condition before the start of the production.
- Ensure production target is met within specified time.
- Ensure good housekeeping during production.
- Keep the line and the production area clean from all spillages and drippings.
- Cleanliness is very important to us.
- Ensure standard yields of materials (packaging and ingredients) are met.
- Garbage and damages are within tolerable limit.
- Monitor, and record, CCPs and CQPs as per schedule.
- Implement corrective action and notify supervisor when deviations occur.
- Ensure product being produced conforms to specifications.
- Fill out HACCP/SQF forms accurately and consistently.
- Perform basic trouble shooting, and basic maintenance procedure, on equipment as directed by the maintenance department.
- Report to maintenance any abnormalities observed on machine.
Equipment use varies and can include any of the following;
Tray Denester, Conveyors, Hinds Bock Depositors, Cheese Depositors, Weight Checkers, Multivac Sealer, Cartoning Machine, Pillow Pack Machine, Shrink Wrappers, Daters.
- Adhere to safe work practices, and follow GMPs, Health & Safety, Food Safety, & Environmental Standards.
- Maintain sanitary conditions and product quality.
- Report to management any conditions or practice that adversely affect food safety, food quality, or personnel safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Training will be provided.
- Good mechanical aptitude is required.
- Able to stay overtime when needed.
- Sense of urgency.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is based on current working experience
Benefits package is available
Manufacturing and Production