Five Corners Meat Co., part of a family-owned global provider of high-quality specialty meat products, has an exciting opportunity for General Labourer/Plant Operations Employees, based out of our Chilliwack, BC facility which is located at 8235 Brannick Place. The position is a permanent and full-time position that involves working Monday – Friday 5:50 AM – 2:30 PM.
Our parent company, Donald’s Fine Foods, has been operating for over 25 years with three plants in British Columbia and one in Saskatchewan, and has built its business around the core values of integrity, quality, innovation and superior customer service. We know our dedicated staff is what makes it all possible.
- Customer Focused – Exceptional customer service is the measure of our success
- Integrity – Fairness, honesty, responsibility, and trust mark every relationship inside and outside of the company
- People - We treat our employees, customers, suppliers and the community with trust and respect
- Quality – Uncompromising standards in everything we do
- Safety – We care about our people and emphasize a culture of safety throughout our company.
Brief Job Description
Reporting to the Production Supervisors, the incumbent will be responsible for packaging and sealing meat products while keeping up with the speed of the production line. Must have the ability to work in a refrigerated environment and be capable of lifting, pushing, and/or pulling weight of up to 30 lbs.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting wage - $16.31 per hour
- Unionized environment
- Extended health benefits
- Pension after one (1) year of employment
- Steel toed boot allowance of $150.00 per year
- $200.00 quarterly attendance bonus
- Packing and sealing meat products
- Lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Clean equipment and work areas are necessary
- Pulling product off a conveyer belt, packing it into trays and/or bags and then placing it back onto the conveyer.
- Adhere to all hygienic food safe and WorkSafeBC requirements
- Ability to accurately work at production line speed
- Experience in a meat manufacturing facility is considered an asset
- Must have basic reading and writing English skills
- Consistent commitment to working safely
- Ability to work in a cold environment and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Comfortable working in a noise environment
- Must wear necessary personal protective equipment when on the production floor; hair net, beard net (if applicable), steel toed boots, hard hat, hearing protection, and a face mask.
- Reliable transportation