Product Specialist, Sports (Full Time, Permanent)
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Sales and Marketing Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Our Operations Division manages both provincial & national lottery games as well as instant lotteries through over 3000 retail partners across the province. We provide the gaming technology and set standards, policies & procedures across 37 casino properties in BC, ensuring a high standard of security and integrity.
We also provide online gambling through Playnow.com and our Lotto app including lottery, sports betting, Bingo, Keno, online slots or online casino games and Live Dealer table games where players can choose the online version of their favorite games while connecting with others across the province. Our Operations group is what makes it all happen, through day to day operations, project improvements, sales management, facilities, business intelligence and innovation.
This team of passionate professionals with a diverse array of backgrounds is directly accountable for earning revenue for the province. They work together as one group to ensure clear direction for BCLC's priorities across all our lines of business, ensuring a high degree of player experience and entertainment in each of the games we offer.
As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual revenue, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of the picture. At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours and transactions and relationships nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated. Job Summary:
The Sports Product Specialist is responsible for activities relating to BCLC's sport betting operations. The Sports Product Specialist must leverage a deep knowledge of professional and collegiate sports and current events to maximize sports gambling revenues and limit liabilities for BCLC while ensuring that product integrity is maintained to the highest standard. The role proactively builds, develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, working collaboratively with Sports Action, PlayNow Sports, Customer Support, User Experience and marketing teams to ensure the best customer experience and maximize contribution.
Note: this role has a flexible work week, including some evening and weekend shifts. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Assists online product operations through planning, creation, scheduling, implementation and troubleshooting of sports content on PlayNow.com's web and mobile sites, and for overseeing all bets and odds offered through the online Sportsbook, ensuring quality control and accuracy while meeting Federal and Provincial requirements.
- Resolves complex issues; develops and implements solutions related to risk and liability management. Provides second line support to the Customer Support team, liaising with external partners and internal key stakeholders as required, and resolving escalated issues/inquiries.
- Liaises with internal partners and external vendors to assist in resolution of technical site issues with minimal disruption to the player experience; and assist in ongoing site enhancements while maintaining site quality and integrity.
- Assists in providing analysis of sales/profit data and liability levels to provide influential recommendations for pricing, events/markets offered and decisions on improved profitability, player experience and risk/liability management.
- Conducts diverse, complex and specialized research and analytical work by proactively assessing professional and collegiate sports and sporting trends and providing advice and solutions in order to maximize revenue and limit liability to the organization, while ensuring alignment to operational activities and strategic initiatives.
- Provides input in the development and implementation of the Enterprise Sports product roadmap, reviewing player feedback and seeking out and prioritizing new enhancements to improve user experience and supports business objectives across multiple user channels/devices.
- Degree or Diploma in Business or Sports Management or related field;
- 3 - 5 years of recent, related experience;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of sports and sports betting and/or odd setting, with in-depth knowledge of popular professional and college sports leagues (NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, etc);
- Ability to act on own initiative, exercise sound judgment, prioritize tasks, work within established deadlines and time restraints and to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking skills, problem solving and decision making skills in a technical environment;
- Good written and verbal communication and computer skills (MS Office);
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry is an asset;
- Familiarity with TGS-5 Regulations and Canadian Criminal Code is an asset.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQAI+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
Sales and Marketing