The mission of the Technical Design Department (note: internally we call this the Technical Development Department) is to develop product that delivers on the creative vision with superior fit and construction.THE OPPORTUNITY
As a member of the Technical Development team, you will be part of the team responsible for delivering the Creative Design vision and Aritzia's customer expectations through the fit, construction and quality of our product. As the (Senior) Technical Designer Developer you will deliver the highest quality product through your manufacturing knowledge and proactive and collaborative communications with cross-functional teams and vendors. And, with the skills you gain in this role, the opportunities are endless - from a rewarding career in Technical Development to continued growth and development with Aritzia.
As the (Senior) Technical Developer you will support the team to:
- Ensure that our product delivers a consistent and superior fit
- Ensure that our product executes with best in class construction
- Ensure that all fit samples execute the creative vision
The (Senior) Technical Developer has:
- Expertise in Women's Tailored product
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Business and People Leadership principles
- An enthusiastic approach to taking on new opportunities and challenges
- A commitment to navigating our internal operations to achieve the best team and business results
- The ability to collaborate fluently with cross-functional partners
- The skills to set clear objectives with an emphasis on accountability while striving to reach your highest potential
- Proven skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in pattern-making and the appetite to continuously learn and develop oneself
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value to the business
- A sense of urgency executing job responsibilities, prioritizing urgent and important work
- An understanding and a passion for the industry in which we operate
- An understanding of Aritzia's brand vision and style fundamentals with a focus on trends and cultural influences
- A desire to conceptualize and execute new ideas, designs, and/or products that elevate Aritzia's brand
The typical hiring range for this position is $60,000-$120,000 per year, pending level and expertise. The final agreed upon salary may vary based on factors such as job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
We are always looking for top talent - if your qualifications differ from those listed above, the scope of work and final agreed upon salary may be adjusted to reflect your individual qualifications.
Aritzia's Everyday Luxury compensation package goes beyond the base salary with endless growth and recognition opportunities through our pay-for-performance philosophy. Along with comprehensive benefits, aspirational workspaces and elevated employee perks and experiences - we provide it all.
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- A-OK Commissary & Café - Our in-office, world-class bistro and café
- The SET - Our in-house gym, with state-of-the art equipment and custom classes
- Employee Assistance Program - 24/7 support, resources, and information available to you and your family
- Aspirational Workspace - Every detail is considered to connect to the energy of the culture
- Dog Friendly Office - Bring your best friend to work
- Amenities - Facilities include private parent's room, bike storage rooms, and shower facilities with complimentary conveniences
- Talent Mobility Program - From out of town? no problem - we offer a highly supportive relocation program
- Competitive Pay Packages - A commitment to performance based pay increases and career progression
- Product Discount - Our famous product discount, online and in store
- Health Benefits - Comprehensive health, vision and dental packages for eligible employees
- Extras - A multitude of other perks like dry-cleaning, hotel and restaurant discounts, self-care promos, on-site medical care and more.
- Health & Safety - Industry-leading health and safety precautions, including on-site screenings, mask and distancing protocols, and cleaning supplies
Aritzia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture Team.
Software and Programming