The mission of the Technical Development Department is to deliver fit and construction that fulfills the creative design vision THE OPPORTUNITY
Aritzia is growing, and our Technical Development team is growing with it. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the team responsible for achieving world class fit and construction standards. As a leader in the Technical Development department, you will lead and motivate the team responsible for delivering the Creative Design vision and Aritzia's customer expectations through the fit, construction and quality of our product. You will play a pivotal role in leading the delivery of the highest quality product through your manufacturing knowledge and proactive and collaborative communications with cross-functional teams and vendors. And, with people at the heart of everything you do, you will support your high-potential people to grow rewarding careers at Aritzia-while enjoying one yourself. THE ROLE
As the Sr. Director, Technical Development, you will lead the team to:
- Determine the strategy for developing product that fulfills the design vision
- Ensure that our product delivers a consistent and superior fit that our customers can rely on
- Ensure that our product executes with best in class construction for world class quality product
- Partner with our suppliers to ensure that all fit samples execute the creative vision
- Work with the appropriate Business Support partners to seamlessly lead the day-to-day function of the department in support of corporate objectives, while enabling progressive career development and an incredible employee experience
The Sr. Director, Technical Development has:
- World class skills and/or education that are an asset to perform in the role and the commitment to continuously learn and develop oneself and inspire growth in others
- A commitment to learn, apply, champion, and enrich Aritzia's Values, Business and People Leadership principles
- The skills to collaborate strategically with cross-functional partners in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- The ability to set clear objectives and design a strategy that inspires the team
- A dedication to quality and investing in results and new business opportunities that add value at all times
- A deep understanding and commitment for the industry in which we operate
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- A-OK Commissary & Café - Our in-office, world-class bistro and café
- The SET - Our in-house gym, with state-of-the art equipment and custom classes
- Aspirational Workspace - Every detail is considered to connect to the energy of the culture
- Amenities - Facilities include private parent's room, bike storage rooms, and shower facilities with complimentary conveniences
- Product Discount - Our famous product discount, online and in store
Head to our About Us for the scoop on who we are and what we do.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer. Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.