Enbala, a subsidiary of Generac Holdings Inc., is seeking a Product Owner to be based in our Vancouver, BC office.
Enbala is on a journey Creating a Sustainable Energy Future. As Product Owner, you will be part of a product team that is charged with charting the course for and delivering the solutions to this promise.
The role of the Product Owner is to represent the customer to the development team, within Enbala’s agile development process. A key activity is to manage, prioritize and make visible the product backlog for future product development. A key Product Owner responsibility is to be available to the development team to answer questions team members may have regarding the customer’s view of how they’re implementing a product feature.
As a Product Owner, your knowledge of the product, the market it serves and how customers use our product is critical. Maximizing product value - your ruthless focus on the next most important thing to develop, balancing technical constraints, and achieving a differentiated product which delights our customers - is a hallmark trait. Communication, listening and influencing skills are paramount to enable the team to get the next product release to market “on spec” and efficiently.
Key Accountabilities and Results
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Translation of roadmap epics into dev-ready user stories, including acceptance criteria
- Representation and input to the Release Planning SCRUM process step within development
- Backlog prioritization for the target release, including defect management
- Release readiness tracking and communication, with support from engineering lead
- Close collaboration with development team for story planning, clarifications, and status
- Story acceptance (Joint owner with QA team)
- Product functionality, quality and delivery timing meets expectations of both internal and external stakeholders (Joint owner with engineering lead)
- Product release notes and support for formal documentation
Supporting Responsibilities include:
- Point of contact in post-sales engagements for Operations and Customer Success teams
- Provides input to Product Manager for roadmap planning and updates
- Works with Product Manager on epic development as necessary – providing input to, understanding of, approval and handoff of epics for user story development
- Works with development to manage release scope, priorities and development estimates
- Participation in development SCRUM process steps – Mini-Grooming, Grooming & Planning, Standups, Demos, Retros
- Operational support including product education and communications to internal organization
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering or Sciences Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, or equivalent
- Three to five years of experience in product owner role, software development or related technical project management area
- Certified scrum product owner or equivalent, or commensurate demonstrated experience in Product Owner role within an agile development team
- Excellent communication skills, and must be able to easily interact with people in either oral (including formal presentation) or written form
- Able to establish and leverage relationships with development team members and other internal stakeholders
- Ability to effectively lead and achieve results through collaboration and influence by providing the necessary detail, support, and direction for others to accomplish defined tasks even when there is no explicit reporting relationship
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, and have the ability to work both independently and with others, face-to-face and remotely
- Success in releasing/delivering products that meet and exceed business objectives
- Experience in capturing product and/or project requirements in written form for development teams
- Working knowledge of electric utility grid operations and systems, demand side management programs, power control systems, and/or operation of renewable energy (e.g. solar+storage) systems
- Technical understanding of elastic compute (e.g. AWS) cloud architectures, modern software technology stack components (e.g. Elixir, Elm, GraphQL, PostreSQL), and development tools (e.g. Git, Jira, Confluence).
Organizational Values and Behaviors
Every Enbala employee is expected to proactively embody Enbala’s Core Values and Behaviours. These values are considered mandatory for this role and critical to driving performance and business success.
- Trust – Trust must exist among our teammates, our customers and our partners. Build trust through vulnerability, transparency and collaboration.
- Teamwork – Teams achieve greater heights than the individual. Strive to form strong teams, execute the plays and drive to achieve maximum performance.
- Innovation – Innovation is the Core of our culture. Innovate every day. Foster innovation in your teammates and drive our customers to be innovative.
Behaviours – how do we behave as individuals and as teams?
- Breathe, Be Patient
- Strong Beliefs, Loosely Held
- Communicate Respectfully
- Engage to Understand
- Move the Chains
- No Gotchas
- Beyond Professional
- Deliver Information and Context
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Software and Programming Engineering Information Technology