6-month Product Owner contract role supporting SRE teams on a growing digital delivery team within an enterprise organization.
- 6-month contract Technical Product Owner role
- Supporting SRE teams
- Remote on-boarding capability
What & Why:
As a result of growth within their digital delivery team our client is looking to add a Product Owner to their team. You will own the backlog for the digital security team who are responsible for auditing, implementing and educating the digital engineering team on all things security. You will work closely with the Security team leads to turn vision and strategy into a tactical plan and consumable iterations of work for the security engineers to tackle. A significant part of this role will also be working with the Digital Engineering teams to help them understand the impact of security and how it will reduce the risk exposure of their end users. You’ll drive these initiatives from concept through implementation in an iterative and measurable way, ensuring that they are continuously questioning the value of what is being delivered and aligning to the overall principles of SRE.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 remained a very strong year for them which included a major strategic acquisition. 2021 has them investing majorly in bleeding edge technology as they looking to be a global leader in retail technology. They have an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have full remote on-boarding capability during Covid19 and are full work remote until at least August 2021, for the right person this role can be remote forever.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- At least 5 years of product management, technical producer or product owner experience in a technical field
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and experience within the product lifecycle
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to simplify complex information and illustrate the business value we provide to our stakeholders
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a pragmatic way, looking for solutions rather than reiterating problems
- High level of accountability in being the owner of your domain
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence considered an asset
- Experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform considered an asset
- Experience within a DevOps / SRE environment and/or working with ecommerce or retail technology considered an asset
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.